2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All
I have seen many threads about the dead 12V battery on the Pacifica Hybrid however, I could not find anything that tells me the root cause of this problem. My vehicle (2019 Hybrid Limited) has been in the shop for past 2 weeks with 2 different dealers and they still can't find out what's wrong with it. Now they are trying to deny the warranty b/c they think the dash cam is drawing the power from the battery. There is no way that the little dash cam can drain out a good 12V battery in just a few hours. I have replaced a new battery and it was drained from 12V to 4.5V in 6 hours. The dealer tested the battery and confirmed that the batteries (both the OEM and the New) are good. As I type this, they are still trying to figure out what's wrong. From what I read so far, no one seemed to have a fix or even a root cause for this problem. I am wondering if it's just because the problem was eventually resolved and not updated on this forum or if it's in the legal proceedings that nothing can be posted. I have reached to a couple of people who posted on this forum for feedback with no luck. If anyone have any updated information, I'd really appreciated. My next option will be calling Chrysler Care but from what I read from others, it didn't seem to help........ Any feedback would be welcome......Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Dash Cam has been installed since we bought the car. It was done by 3rd party and it was hard wired from the lighter source. I am pretty sure it's not the problem as the dash cam shuts off when the Ignition/power button is turned off. Pretty sure that the dash cam won't drain out a brand new battery from 12V to 4.5V in just a couple of hours........

·
Registered
733 Posts
Dash Cam has been installed since we bought the car. It was done by 3rd party and it was hard wired from the lighter source. I am pretty sure it's not the problem as the dash cam shuts off as the Ignition/power button is turned off. Pretty sure that the dash cam won't drain out a brand new battery from 12V to 4.5V in just a couple of hours........
No, I doubt that the dash cam could drain a good battery that quickly. In fact, anything that drains the battery that quickly would have to generate a fairly substantial amount of heat. You could probably troubleshoot the problem with an ammeter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts