2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 14-50 outlet that I would like to get an adapter for the exising level 1 charger that comes with the car. I tried buying one via Ideafab.com from a recommendation on here but to no avail. Is there a DIY instruction on building one or another source I get purchase?

·
Registered
2021 TouringL Hybrid with Sphere and Uconnect Theater
270 Posts
I have a 14-50 outlet that I would like to get an adapter for the exising level 1 charger that comes with the car. I tried buying one via Ideafab.com from a recommendation on here but to no avail. Is there a DIY instruction on building one or another source I get purchase?
Is that ideafab website not making them anymore? Link still seems to work

Amazon or ebay might be a source but definitely not straightforward to find exactly what you're looking for especially since it's a niche adapter (and can be dangerous to any equipment that isn't designed to handle the voltage difference).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I placed an order with ideafab but the seller is dead silent in responding. It’s been a month and nothing from them. I’m filing a claim via PayPal now.

·
Registered
270 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is the setup I found from Bolt forums, and is working for me. 1% to full used to be 12 hours and is now 5 hours.

·
Registered
647 Posts
This is the setup I found from Bolt forums, and is working for me. 1% to full used to be 12 hours and is now 5 hours.

You'll have to buy the 2 adapter combo for $32.21 for it to work right?

·
Registered
270 Posts

If you buy both, it's a cheap alternative that does the job.
You'll have to buy the 2 adapter combo for $32.21 for it to work right?
Yes that is correct.
I haven't found a direct adapter cable on amazon, I assume its because dangerous to offer a direct cable unless you have this specific use (liability, returns and/or bad reviews)

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Limited Hybrid
59 Posts
I made my own 10-30p adapter and it works fine, cost around $10-$15 to make. Then I bought a dryer outlet splitter

·
Registered
2 Posts
I placed an order with ideafab but the seller is dead silent in responding. It’s been a month and nothing from them. I’m filing a claim via PayPal now.
I also recently bought from ideafab. After not hearing from them for over a week, they generated a tracking number via usps, but nothing shipped yet in the last couple days. I feel this was done to delay me from disputing with PayPal for now. Anyone with similar stories? Should I move on to the items listed above?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was thinking about ordering from them as well, but decided to do a bit more research on other options and found that setup on a Bolt forum.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was thinking about ordering from them as well, but decided to do a bit more research on other options and found that setup on a Bolt forum.
This is the 10-30p pig tail I made, rated at around 20 amps. It works with the OEM charger as a level 1 or 2

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you guys just leave the EVSE plugged in even when not charging?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I do.

But my setup doesn’t require an adapter. I’m not sure if using an adapter would make a difference.

Reactions: iTest

·
Registered
86 Posts
How the **** can you have a 3 prong adapter that does 240v??? Are you dropping the ground or tying the neutral and ground together?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do you guys just leave the EVSE plugged in even when not charging?
I do, I have a splitter for the dryer. On eco mode the dryer pulls 12 amps, car pulls 16 amps on a 40 amp circuit. Just can't use the dryer on high when charging, but saves unplugging all the time

1 - 20 of 35 Posts