2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
No, that's a 6-50 outlet and it's way too big for the included charging cable to plug into.
Ended ordering the plug and adapter combo to go from 14-50 to 6-20 plug and 6-20 to 5-15 adapter.

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
Mine cost $15 to make
Yeah I was thinking about making one. How does the 5-15 side get wired since there are 2 hot wires now.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yeah I was thinking about making one. How does the 5-15 side get wired since there are 2 hot wires now.
One of the 240V ‘hot’ wires goes to the neutral of the 5-15 plug and the other goes to the ‘hot’ or ‘line’ side of the plug. And the 240V ground goes to the 5-15 ground. And never plug anything but the OEM EVSE into the 5-15 receptacle because it will likely burn out!

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
One of the 240V ‘hot’ wires goes to the neutral of the 5-15 plug and the other goes to the ‘hot’ or ‘line’ side of the plug. And the 240V ground goes to the 5-15 ground. And never plug anything but the OEM EVSE into the 5-15 receptacle because it will likely burn out!
Thank you for the explanation. I specifically installed it high above the ground so no one can use it for anything except the evse. I also just bought an adaptor instead of making my own because the cost variance wasn't much. Thank you for chiming in.

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
Ladies and gentleman. We're in business. Thanks for all the info everyone.
IMG_20210515_142140.jpg

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle
83 Posts
Ladies and gentleman. We're in business. Thanks for all the info everyone. View attachment 46590
So I have a 220v (50amp) outlet wired in my garage and its this circular male socket. What do I need to be able to use the OEM charger and get Level 2 charging speeds? Included image.

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
So I have a 220v (50amp) outlet wired in my garage and its this circular male socket. What do I need to be able to use the OEM charger and get Level 2 charging speeds? Included image.

View attachment 46868
Hi. This looks like an adapter for a generator. Is it on the outside of your house? By the look of it (has a cover) it is. I'm not an electrician but I don't think this would work. You should have a switch on your panel that diverts the breaker panel from the main to this outlet so the generator can supply power to the panel.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle
83 Posts
Hi. This looks like an adapter for a generator. Is it on the outside of your house? By the look of it (has a cover) it is. I'm not an electrician but I don't think this would work. You should have a switch on your panel that diverts the breaker panel from the main to this outlet so the generator can supply power to the panel.
You are right, this was indeed done for a generator in case of a power outage. Thank you for your prompt response!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts