2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Really enjoying the forums thus far and looking forward to becoming a Pacifica Hybrid owner! I found a '18 hybrid limited with safety tec and moonroof

MSRP 49,575
Discounts (4083)
Rebates (1000)
Adjusted price 44,792

Taxable fees 190
Non tax fees 325

Doc fee 899
Tax 2991

Tint, nitrogen, wheel locks, kaha (whatever that is) 899 (I did not request this and will try to get removed)

TOTAL: 50,099

Does this seem like a reasonable deal? I figured with the '19s out the discount would be greater.

Regards,

PHB

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you subtract the BS nitrogen, tint, etc. that’s about what I paid in December. California limits the doc fee and $900 is pretty steep for shuffling paper. After getting a normal doc fee and dealer add I would expect a bigger discount for a car that’s had a Birthday.

One dealer I went to had the same “adds” the conversation went like this

Salesperson “Just so you know here at Blah Blah CDJR we put nitrogen in the tires, door edge protection, door pocket protection, and front window tint in every car. It’s $400 (pointing at a dealer add sticker on the window).”

Me playing dumb: “Oh wow why do you replace the air that’s 78% nitrogen air in the atmosphere with 100% nitrogen air?”

Salesperson: “Uh because then the tires don’t rot out from the inside and stuff”

Me: “Ok well I don’t care about any of what the dealership wants to add I just care about the final price.”

Salesperson: “uhhhh ok”

For the record I know why 100% nitrogen is put in airplane tires and why people do it in their cars. Their price of $400 was just ridiculous for $60 of paint protection and non-verifiable nitrogen in the tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Doesn't sound like a great deal, especially with $899 doc and other fees. The total fees should be normally around $80-$100.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

Really enjoying the forums thus far and looking forward to becoming a Pacifica Hybrid owner! I found a '18 hybrid limited with safety tec and moonroof

MSRP 49,575
Discounts (4083)
Rebates (1000)
Adjusted price 44,792

Taxable fees 190
Non tax fees 325

Doc fee 899
Tax 2991

Tint, nitrogen, wheel locks, kaha (whatever that is) 899 (I did not request this and will try to get removed)

TOTAL: 50,099

Does this seem like a reasonable deal? I figured with the '19s out the discount would be greater.

Regards,

PHB
I bought one 3.5 weeks ago for $5600 off between discounts and rebates. Limited with sunroof, advanced safety and appearance package. Can’t really compare apples to apples out the door as sales tax can vary. Did not pay for anything extra. That doc fee seems high.

Lauren

·
Registered
183 Posts
I bought one 3.5 weeks ago for $5600 off between discounts and rebates. Limited with sunroof, advanced safety and appearance package. Can’t really compare apples to apples out the door as sales tax can vary. Did not pay for anything extra. That doc fee seems high.

Lauren
This time of year, I would think that somewhere around $5500 would be the minimum one should expect to get off of MSRP on a 2018 PacHy. I mean, they've been sitting around for at least eight months (and through the coldest temps of the year in most of the country, which will likely take its toll on that small 12v battery). Some people have reported getting that much off of a 2019 in inventory. That's probably doable but would take a bit more work.

And the 2018s that are being getting advertised at $8k (or more) off of MSRP? Again, the standard rule of caveat emptor applies. No matter how trustworthy they might otherwise seem, car dealers have a deserved reputation of being greedy weasels. Even if the $8k off is legit, you can bet there's going to be a timeshare-level, super hard sales pitch from the finance guy for a pricey extended warranty. They know you figure you've just gotten a great deal and will be more receptive to spending that saved cash on an extended warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree with that being the minimum discount as well. I also purchased mine from that particular dealer because they gave me a great price on my trade (over KBB) and delivered the vehicle for free from about 3 hours away (inventory was limited in my area, so the only ones I were considering were out of town and would have required a long trip for me or an extra cost to pay for delivery.)

That being said, I spoke to several dealers who were still not willing to negotiate down to this price.....offering much less in discounts.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I agree with that being the minimum discount as well. I also purchased mine from that particular dealer because they gave me a great price on my trade (over KBB) and delivered the vehicle for free from about 3 hours away (inventory was limited in my area, so the only ones I were considering were out of town and would have required a long trip for me or an extra cost to pay for delivery.)

That being said, I spoke to several dealers who were still not willing to negotiate down to this price.....offering much less in discounts.
Yeah, dealers are still all over the map on 2018 discounts. I had one (Sunset in Sarasota) that refused to lower their advertised price of $4k off MSRP. Not one freaking penny. It sucked because it had the interior color I wanted but not negotiating is always a deal-breaker with me. I can live with an interior that wasn't my first choice in those circumstances.

My favorite story is the one dealer in NY who still has a (supposedly) new 2017 that isn't discounting anymore than a leftover 2018.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, i just bought a 2018 Hybrid Limited. First minivan i have owned and the hyrbid EV aspect sold me over the Odyssey since i drive very little around town and shouldnt use any gas outside of road trips. Details as follows

Options
Advanced SafetyTec Group
Tri-Pane sunroof
18 inch wheels

MSRP inc destination = $49,825
Sales price = $43,046 ($6,779 off MSRP)
Doc fee = 399
SC IMF (Sales tax equivalent here) = 500
Tag fee = 55
OTD price = $44,000 + all weather mats thrown in

Overall i am really happy with the deal and it was the best i could negotiate, going as far as Atlanta and I wanted to make sure i got an 18 before they were gone since there were minimal changes on the 19's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited

Hey everyone, just purchased a new 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited model in New Jersey. Below are my numbers, I think I got a pretty good deal. The dealership I got this from had one more 18 Hybrid left so let me know if anyone is interested and I can refer you to them.

Description: 18 Limited, SafetyTec package, all weather floor mats, black exterior, black interior, Zurich shield (whatever that is)
MSRP: $46,985
OTD: $42,000 (includes taxes, fees, registration, etc.)

So If I take out the taxes and fees, I think my actual vehicle price was close to ~$39,000.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For reference I bought a 2018 Pachy Limited with every option for $45,000. I offered to buy an identical van from a dealer in Eureka, California if they could beat the price. They said they wouldn’t be offering any deals on their van.

I was notified it sold today, 6 and a half months later, and the listed price was $43,974. No idea what someone actually paid for a van that had probably been built a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

what would be a reasonable discount for a 2018 Limited in June 2019?

10% off the best 2019 Limited quote I got, is this reasonable?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Around here the factory discount on Limited is the same for either year. The discount for a 18 Touring is less than the 19 Touring. The borrow rate is better on the 19 as well. Alberta, Canada.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
Jerith
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing