2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was SOOOO excited about this van when we first got it 39k miles ago. But, after my 10th time or so for service, I am done.

Has anyone else had the dreaded squeak in the front end, which has been diagnosed as bad upper shock mounts? I was told by the lead tech that there is a Delrin ring at the top that is cause the noise issues, which occur at full left lock and on uneven pavement. It sounds like a 50 year old truck chassis squeaking. Now I have noticed a squeak in the rear left, when I rock the van back and forth. They have replaced the front left 3 times and the right twice, in addition to a bunch of suspension parts along the way.

Has anyone actually had this rectified for the long term?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, we have had a horrible squeak. Our service advisor claimed it was related to the lower control arm and there was a TSB. We left it overnight twice. The service notes were always vague as to what "fixes" were applied.

After the last visit, it has essentially been "fixed". Which is to say it still squeaks every so often, but it is kind of rare. (At least by comparison to before.)

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Yes, we have had a horrible squeak. Our service advisor claimed it was related to the lower control arm and there was a TSB. We left it overnight twice. The service notes were always vague as to what "fixes" were applied.

After the last visit, it has essentially been "fixed". Which is to say it still squeaks every so often, but it is kind of rare. (At least by comparison to before.)

Helo tdietro,
We are happy to hear your dealer was able to assist with your recent squeak concern. If you still believe that there is a concern with your vehicle, we recommend visiting a second dealer for another opinion. In the event that you do visit another dealer, please let us know beforehand. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional assistance
Laura
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
20 Posts
Helo tdietro,
We are happy to hear your dealer was able to assist with your recent squeak concern. If you still believe that there is a concern with your vehicle, we recommend visiting a second dealer for another opinion. In the event that you do visit another dealer, please let us know beforehand. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional assistance
Laura
ChryslerCares
Laura/ChryslerCares,

The squeak has returned with a vengeance. We are nearing an oil-change and major service milestone. We will take it back to the closest dealership one last time as we have an oil change/tire rotation package with them and have one left. If they are unable to resolve the issue, I will let you know and we will go to another dealership.

This is frustrating and annoying and the inability to get it resolved once and for all is bordering on absurd.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sounds like a problem fords had in the past .dry ite rods that would squeek .and yes i own a shop .

·
Registered
55 Posts
A strut bearing woul have a popping noise as the spring popes back and forth .ijust did a town and. Country yesterday for that problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts