2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
65 days ago my '19 Hybrid that was 3 months old, 6,000mi had to get towed to my dealership. Dash said the charging equipment needed servicing. FCA says it needs a new battery pack and has been unable to give me a ETA from their supplier.

I doubt I'll ever see the vehicle again, the owner of the dealership encouraged me to file a Lemon Law claim (which I had done). The dealership turned over all the service records to FCA (weeks ago) and I'm just sitting in the dark while my lawyer follows up with FCA every few days with no news.

Can't wrap my head around the fact that they can't acquire a new battery pack, not that I at all want to keep this vehicle. My other vehicle is a pure EV (Nissan Leaf) so I have a Level 2 charger at home and 70% of our Pacifica driving was battery only. Amazing milage and I loved it, but this has me wanting to stay as far away from FCA as possible while I look at other three row PHEV's that are hitting the market (the Kia Telluride is also catching my eye).

Is this truly a lemon or are others experiencing brutal wait times on any sort of service for their PHEV Pacifica?

·
Registered
12 Posts
65 days ago my '19 Hybrid that was 3 months old, 6,000mi had to get towed to my dealership. Dash said the charging equipment needed servicing. FCA says it needs a new battery pack and has been unable to give me a ETA from their supplier.

I doubt I'll ever see the vehicle again, the owner of the dealership encouraged me to file a Lemon Law claim (which I had done). The dealership turned over all the service records to FCA (weeks ago) and I'm just sitting in the dark while my lawyer follows up with FCA every few days with no news.

Can't wrap my head around the fact that they can't acquire a new battery pack, not that I at all want to keep this vehicle. My other vehicle is a pure EV (Nissan Leaf) so I have a Level 2 charger at home and 70% of our Pacifica driving was battery only. Amazing milage and I loved it, but this has me wanting to stay as far away from FCA as possible while I look at other three row PHEV's that are hitting the market (the Kia Telluride is also catching my eye).

Is this truly a lemon or are others experiencing brutal wait times on any sort of service for their PHEV Pacifica?
Whoa thats really scary. Really sorry that you're going thru this please update as to the outcome. There is a Chrysler customer service that
lurks around the forums I would direct mssg them and get this escalated asap. I hope there providing you with a suitable loaner or renting a vehicle for you in the very least...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a '19 Pacifica rental from Enterprise being paid for by the dealership, lowest trim level though, shifts clunky and just not at all comparable to the Hybrid. Not to to mention how much extra I'm paying for gas getting half the MPG.

Not a happy camper...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you have any resolution on the issue with your PacHy from earlier last year? I'm new to this forum, and my '19 PacHy (7700 miles) just went into service for a similar issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apologies for not posting the outcome of this.

After roughly 87 days, they acquired a new battery pack and installed it.

Drove the vehicle home after being in a lowest trim Pacifica rental for that entire time (I had a PacHy Limited with every option...) things were looking OK. The following day, not 24 hours later while driving out with my family, my dashboard lit up and all the same charging system errors started appearing again while I was driving. Immediately turned around and drove home (didn't feel like getting stuck with 4 kids!). Vehicle still turned on and off, but I did not charge the vehicle from that point on. My check engine light would come on and off randomly and it was just a mess.

Needless to say, I no longer have the vehicle and I purchased a 2020 Kia Telluride SX. I REALLY miss have a PHEV and driving so much in pure EV mode (I tried shopping for a used Model X but too far out of my price range).

I'm extremely happy with the Telluride. Not as much room behind the third row, but a much more comfortable vehicle, nicer infotainment system and screen up front and it's all wheel drive which has been nice in the winter.

Really wish things would have worked out, it kills me every time I'm at the gas pump!

Best of luck, and I'd really stay on them for updates and keep the pressure on.

I also found another similar situation and I believe the owner no longer has their PacHy as well: The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Chrysler Car Company

And if you look at Facebook ads, they're just full of comments trying to get the attention of FCA as they're also getting poor service.

Chrysler's service throughout the entire ordeal was horrendous. My service rep was terrible, had absolutely no sympathy for me or my situation and no one I could ever get on the phone was of any help. The dealership hadn't dealt with a PacHy before, so they could only move as fast as Chrysler techs could return their calls as what to look for next when troubleshooting my vehicle.

What also gave me pause was the complete lack of PacHy inventory, there are only a dozen or so in 150mi of me. And absolutely none in the Limited trim and they're all black, silver, or white. I had the ocean blue with every option (the double moon roof etc etc). I still haven't seen one in that configuration available anywhere.

I really hope they get you squared away and you don't have to go through what I did or the owner above in that blog post went through!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Did you have any resolution on the issue with your PacHy from earlier last year? I'm new to this forum, and my '19 PacHy (7700 miles) just went into service for a similar issue.
Hi DanO, We sincerely regret to hear of your trouble. If it would be of interest, we'd be happy to add an additional support while in service. Feel free to follow up with us via private message if this would be of interest.
Rob
ChrylserCares

1 - 7 of 7 Posts