2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Uconnect update today. seems like it was a short update, took less than 5 mins to complete. Not sure what changed.

Attachments

Reactions: freddief73

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can you make a new driver profile now?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks like you can keep your HVAC on specific temps, so that's good!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't see the wifi hotspot in apps anymore. but my phone is connected to the hotspot. anyone else see that?

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid, Touring L
6 Posts
How did you get it to update? I tried to connect my car to my wifi to see if I could do a system update but it doesn’t seem to connect. I was wondering if it just did it via satellite or through your WiFi?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did you get it to update? I tried to connect my car to my wifi to see if I could do a system update but it doesn’t seem to connect. I was wondering if it just did it via satellite or through your WiFi?
I am not sure. it just popped up with update available when I started the car. I am assuming it connected to my home wifi or downloaded over 4gLTE.

·
Registered
2018 Touring-L Plus S-Package upgraded in Feb '21 to 2021 Hybrid Pinnacle
15 Posts
I am not sure. it just popped up with update available when I started the car. I am assuming it connected to my home wifi or downloaded over 4gLTE.
Mine updated yesterday afternoon when I came home. I think it connected to my wifi and downloaded and updated. At least I think it did. I saw it 36% complete and then went inside.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Based on the pictures shown by the original poster this is an update for the UConnect 5 infotainment systems in the 2021 models. Assuming it is done like the earlier model years it is automatically downloaded using the car's built-in cellular modem, and does not need any other external connection. Also there is nothing you can do to force it to update -- you just have to wait for Chrysler to push the update to your car.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
947 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
There is no way to connect the car to any WiFi... sadly.
That's not true for Uconnect 5. If you select the Software Update "App" it will let you chose and connect to a local WiFi access point (and even shows the AT&T wifi SSID from the car) and has a checkbox to "allow software update downloads over WIFI."

I connected my car to my house wifi pretty easily, but I'm not sure what for ;).

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's not true for Uconnect 5. If you select the Software Update "App" it will let you chose and connect to a local WiFi access point (and even shows the AT&T wifi SSID from the car) and has a checkbox to "allow software update downloads over WIFI."

I connected my car to my house wifi pretty easily, but I'm not sure what for ;).
I stand corrected. I have a 4 point something... :(

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,311 Posts
If you have registered your van with UConnect (you don't have to subscribe) you should get notifications through email or through the van touchscreen. Not all updates apply to everyone. You can also check driveuconnect.com with your VIN to see if there are any updates for your van.

It seems like I got an OTA update in the past without having a cell phone or personal wifi connected.

·
Registered
2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle
41 Posts
You have to go through the settings to connect the vehicle to the home wifi. As soon as I pulled into the house and connected to the house wifi, the update began. I was moving too fast and turned off the van before I could read the full update message ready, so when I turned it back on it gave a message about how long the update would take and what not to do while it was updating. Now when you are driving there is no option to connect the vehicle to your cellphone hotspot like Toyota, and this is where you have to subscribe and pay for the vehicle hotspot. There's no additional fee to use my Verizon phone as a mobile hotspot, so the vehicle hotspot is a non-starter for me.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid, Touring L
6 Posts
Thanks. Are you the same XPS in the comma Discord? If so, awesome work over there!! I finally got my openpilot today, USPS delays. Its awesome.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Received an update a few days ago as well... and was pissed at how stupidly they implemented this update system in UC5 - unless this was a bug, it's a step backwards. Drove from my home (where car is connected to WiFi) to Costco and stopped to get gas there. Car off for <5 minutes, start back up and it gives me the warning that the system is updating and recommends not driving until finished as several features will be unavailable. GENIUS move. Ignored that BS, drove around the lot and parked to go shop in the warehouse. But how boneheaded can you be to not NOTIFY the driver an update will commence when you shut down the car? Give an option to postpone until later? Set a time of day to do the update? You don't just let the car do it automatically right after you drove it, and dare I say, PUSHED THE BUTTON TO OPEN THE FUEL DOOR.

My 2020 RAM does the above. In fact, I'm pretty sure every prior Uconnect system with OTA gives the notification with options. Why did my brand new UC5 system not do that?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Still waiting for my update. They certainly are rolling this out slowly. My build date was end of November so apparently it's not based on that.

Can anyone confirm if the update includes fixing the issue with the inability to add driver profiles? I'm still stuck with a single profile and no ability to add one. It's not the end of the world, but my wife has very specific requirement such as disabling the lane keep assist.

Reactions: czervika
1 - 18 of 18 Posts