2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... or at the very least, HIGHLY inconvenient.

In our neck of the woods (within 5 miles of the Atlantic) the storm switched-over to rain around 4-5pm last night... and it kept sleeting most of the night - then it dropped to the teens/twenties.

Everything in our area was encased in a thick shell of ice. I remote-started my Pacifica... two times... and that was ALL I was gonna get. Apparently, it shuts-down after two cycles. I had to go out and start it from inside the vehicle (first had to break through the thick ice to get INTO my drivers-side door). Had to let my car run for an ADDITIONAL 20-30 minutes JUST to weaken the ice on the windshield enough to start chipping it off with a scraper.

Wishing there was an override so that I could explicitly say: YES! I really, really, REALLY DO want to start my car yet-again...!

·
Registered
293 Posts
All of my previous vehicles with a factory remote start (mostly Chrysler/FCA or GM) have had this limitation. On all of my GMs the run time on each cycle was only 10 minutes compared the the Pacifica's 15 minute cycle!

·
Registered
596 Posts
I think the ice & snow is making you nutty. Hang in there - it will get warmer!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Do you have the Engine block heater and does that even help with all that Ice?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a reason the car can only be remotely started twice? Can the number of times the car can be remotely started or the run time be changed? If so, how?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm speculating here but I assume it's some liability issue where they don't want you to just keep running the engine without being present.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do you have the Engine block heater and does that even help with all that Ice?
I have the block heater, but it literally only helps keep the block, oil, and water warmer. Does nothing to help with ice or snow on the rest of the car.

It it is nice to be able to start the car when it’s -8 outside, and the oil and water temps are in the mid 70’s. Gets to operating temperature much faster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts