2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the help.

So would a 8" wide rim work? Anyone done anything like this before? I ask because both Grand Cherokee and Durango bolt patterns are the same. I thought about swapping out my factory rims for a combination like this.

William Kramer

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thank you for the help.

So would a 8" wide rim work? Anyone done anything like this before? I ask because both Grand Cherokee and Durango bolt patterns are the same. I thought about swapping out my factory rims for a combination like this.

William Kramer
If you search around here a bit, several are using Grand Cherokee or Durango wheels. The problem is that some will clear the front brake calipers and some won't (without spacers). If you don't see the wheel you want to use in a thread here and this is a wheel that you have easy access to and can test the fit, it shouldn't be a problem to try it, but if you're having to order or buy them first make sure that you can either return them or have another plan if they don't clear the calipers.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
And word of advice , coming from a viper guy . Unsprung weight of a tire and rim at all 4 corners will kill your front end , front end parts as well as brakes . The factory setup was set for the oem parts for tire and rim . So when your rolling down street and decide to stop remember that you’ve just changed the driving dynamics and balance of this vehicle .

·
Registered
2020 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
154 Posts
Thank you for the help.

William Kramer
There are several threads in the Tires, Wheels and Suspension section about swapping out Durango or Grand Cherokee wheels on the Pacifica. I know I have personally test fitted 4 different GC or DD wheels on our Pacifica. As you said the bolt pattern is the same as the OEM Pacifica wheel, but the GC and DD wheels are 8" wide. The offset is different though, as is the width when compared with the OEM Pacifica wheels.

Unfortunately unless someone has already tried the GC or DD wheels on a Pacifica the only way to know for sure is to test fit the wheel. For example the 20" OEM wheels off my 2019 DD won't fit the Pacifica, not because of the offset, which is the same as other DD wheels, but because of the spoke design. Those wheels won't clear the caliper on the Pacifica without a spacer.

Check out these threads for more info.

Not All Late Model Dodge Durango R/T Wheels Will Fit a...

OEM Jeep Grand Cherokee Wheels that Will Fit the Pacifica

Dodge Durango RT wheels on my Pacifica with no modifications

·
Registered
154 Posts
And word of advice , coming from a viper guy . Unsprung weight of a tire and rim at all 4 corners will kill your front end , front end parts as well as brakes . The factory setup was set for the oem parts for tire and rim . So when your rolling down street and decide to stop remember that you’ve just changed the driving dynamics and balance of this vehicle .
This is true. I'm definitely a proponent of reducing or at least not increasing unsprunng weight for purposes of performance. But the overall impact of a change in unsprung weight is going to be a lot less on a Pacifica than on a sports car because people don't generally drive minivans like the do sports cars. That being said you may notice a slight difference in emergency braking with larger and heavier wheels and tires and probably more brake pad wear over time.

When I switched from the OEM 18s on our van to the DD R/T 20s I neglected to weigh each in order to determine the actual difference in the wheel/tire combinations, although I'm certain the 20s are heavier, especially with 255/50/20 tires on them. I could have gone with 255/45/20s which would have been lighter. What I did notice is the ride is actually better with the 20s.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I switched from the OEM 18s on our van to the DD R/T 20s I neglected to weigh each in order to determine the actual difference in the wheel/tire combinations, although I'm certain the 20s are heavier, especially with 255/50/20 tires on them. I could have gone with 255/45/20s which would have been lighter. What I did notice is the ride is actually better with the 20s.
I can second that, especially with summer tires in summer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
all factory jeep and dodge wheels have slightly less offset than the Pacifica, hence why some of the spoke designs hit the caliper. I believe it equated to about 5 mm. Personally for the price you end up getting used factory wheels for, i would just order replicas from an internet site. the replicas are generally available with more offset for people to get the flush look without spacers. That pretty much solves any issue fitting any factory style wheel from the chrysler family with the same bolt pattern. I just don't see the big savings when a set of new replicas is $820.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Yes but also remember there is a huge difference between cast and forged rims in terms of weight and durability . That’s why oem rims vs replicas are so vast . Hit a curb with a oem and a replica and see what happens to the replica rim .

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've never been a big fan of replica wheels either. Some are good, others not so. And you generally don't know much about the quality of replicas or where or how they are made. In my experience they also tend to be on the heavy side. With OEM wheels you can at least count certain level of quality. And with the Pacifica, based on first hand experience from other Pacifica owners, we at least have a few OEM Jeep and Durango wheels that we know will fit the Pacifica. And there is still the option of OEM 20" Pacifica wheels if you can find them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
everyone's ,mileage will vary. I see your points though. My wife already tested the replica spider monkeys.....(very awesome of her), held up with just scratches. Looking at the Chrysler wheel options i didn't think any were "forged" for lighter weight and greater strength. Not like we are talking BBS's.

But hey i've also tracked my WRX with Rota wheels, so I guess I like to live dangerously.

-trat

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't think any of the Chrysler (FCA) wheel options that will fit the Pacifica are forged either. The GC and DD SRT wheels are forged, but at 10" wide they very likely won't fit the Pacifica as they would hit the suspension components.

I'm definitely a fan of forged wheels. I have Jeep Trackhawk SRT wheels on my Durango and I've been using the same set of Nismo wheels on my Z for autocrosses for many years. I have a different set of Nismo wheels that I use on the Z when I'm not autocrossing it. Both sets are made by Rays Engineering in Japan.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've done some search and it appears Jeep SRT spider design wheels are direct bolt on?

255/45/20s ?
Any spacers needed? thanks in advance.

·
Banned
92 Posts
I run 20x8.5 +35 Raceline impulses on 245/50/20 on my wife’s 2020 voyager LXi and 20x9 PR181s on 245/50/20 on my 18 pacifica touring L and need zero spacers. Everything fits perfectly

1 - 19 of 19 Posts