2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and I have been browsing through all the wonderful information that everyone has posted. Thanks to all!
I live in north New Jersey close to Wayne, NJ and I have been hitting all the dealers nearby us for leasing a Touring L with a DVD player package, 12K miles / year and inclusive of all the costs along with Gap insurance / Excess Wear & Tear with $2000 down upfront. The MSRP is around $37.500 with the DVD package. The lowest out of the door price quoted was $350 / month for 36 months. We tried multiple dealers starting at $200 and going all the way until $300 but not a single dealer has budged so far.

I have 3 questions.
- For North NJ is 2K down / $350 a month a good price to pay for the lease for the specs mentioned above? I did not find enough data points for NJ and hence posting the question.
- Can you recommend a good price point to ping the dealers with?
- Would it make sense to wait till Jan 1, 2018 to get a better rate?

If anyone has any good dealer recommendations I am willing to drive even to central NJ or lower to sign a deal.

Thanks!
-AV

P.S. my current 2014 T&C lease is coming to an end in Jan 2018.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Experts, any advice for my question? I have to sign a deal by Dec 31 and my current 2014 T&C lease is expiring in Jan 2018. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm in a similar position and also looking in N-NJ. I'd read the 3 year residual for the Pacifica Touring L was 50% and the money factor was 0.00009 (both these numbers may be incorrect as I understand FCA uses regional numbers).

Using:
- 37,500 MSRP
- 31,500 selling price (assumed 6k discount)
- 2,000 down payment
- 595 lease acquisition fee
- 300 dealer doc (aka NJ penalty fee)
- 300 title tags etc

I come out to a number of $361 including NJ tax.

As a rough guide, each $1,000 down decreases the payment by about $30/month.

I would say that you are pretty close on a number of $350/month with $2k down. As to if it gets better by year end - who knows.... depends on if FCA pushes any better rebates and/or lowers the money factor (although usually through the model year the residual decreases too which offsets any money factor reduction).

John.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot John! That helps. I wish we had more data point from NJ. I will post my final numbers hopefully in another month or so.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well, I'm a little further in my search.... with an offer on the table on a TL+.

$43,500 MSRP
$400 down (covers DMV)
$499/month

That payment includes about $1,500 of existing payments on a Honda Ody...... not ideal and in theory, that could equate to $45 off the $499/mo number.

The problem being that there are 8 TL+ in the config I'm looking for (and some of those aren't in a preferred color) within 50mi..... so, the decision is pull the trigger or wait until Feb. Decisions, decisions.

John.

·
Registered
2020 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
92 Posts
There are threads for your "Issues" and personally, I don't think it's cool to hijack other threads that have nothing to do with what you are posting.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks DRZ..... anyway, onwards.....

To evaluate the lease offer effectively, I really have to take my current Ody out of the picture. To that effect, if I remove the $1,500 of payments that are loaded into the capitalized cost which clear me from the Ody, I estimate my lease payment to be about $455 on the 43,500 MSRP = 1.04%. That's really close to the 1% rule of thumb for a 'good' lease.

John.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well, I now own a Pacifica Touring L Plus :)

My lease ended up being 499/mo for 39mo through Ally Bank. Here's the pertinent details..... although my lease is messy due to Ody payments that were rolled in and they are cutting me a check.

MSRP 43,485
Cap cost reduction of $401 (for some reason they wanted me to do something down)
Selling price 40,739 (2,745 off MSRP, and assume this selling price factors the 1,520 for the Ody check below)
Rebate 2,500
Ody Check (consider as rebate) 1,520

So, the reality is that cash back was about 6,765.

Now, the dealer made that back a little with doc fees of $700 ($499 Doc and $199 etch) - but it's hard to know if that was real money that could have been bargained. It's all for bargaining in principle but I've not seen 6,700 discount on a 2018 TL+ yet......

If I work back the math, a true zero down lease without any checks back to me would have been $469/mo for 39mo.

Hope that helps.

John.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pacifica Touring L with DVD option Info

I finally pulled the trigger on my Pacifica lease! Hopefully this information helps folks, particularly in North NJ.

Leased a 2018 Pacifica Touring L with the Mopar DVD option, 12000 miles per year and OTD was inclusive of TTL, dealer fees, bank fees, GAP and MOPAR wear and tear insurance.
MSRP: $37,585
Final OTD cost: $2000 Down + $340 / month for 39 months.
Rebates applied: $4000
Cash from my pocket: $2000 and first month's payment of $340 = $2340
Lease end purchase option price: $18400

Hopefully I got a good deal! In the worst case, I hope it is not too bad.... :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. As we discussed initially, I always try to true out the leases to a zero-down as a) money up-front is lost when you drive off and the car gets totaled for whatever reason and b) it's a good basis for comparison.

Your lease looks like about $390-395 as a zero down and I think that's about right for a good deal right now.

Which leasing company was this through - Chrysler Capital or Ally?

My lease was through Ally - and I have to say that I've been more impressed with their communication on the lase than I have been with previous manufacturer leases. Also, I was surprised to discover that Ally charges no lease disposition fee (most forget this is due and sometimes it gets waived if leasing again with the same company).

John.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks John. Glad to note that it is was not a bad deal. I usually put in about 2K to reduce the monthly payment. We had to get the lease through Chrysler Capital to get rid off the disposition fee for the existing T&C.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! Would you mind telling me what dealer you went to? My 2015 TC lease is up next month and we are in the process of trying to lease a Pacifica. My husband and I just got the run around at a dealer in north jersey. I dread the car shopping process and came across this forum. Any help would be appreciated. It seems like you got a great deal! Thank you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts