2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that Nexen Tire will be supplying the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica with OE tires in the size 235/60/R18.

Personally I've had Nexen NS2's before, Did enjoy them as a summer tire, they were quiet, provided pretty good dry and wet traction.

The Nexen N'Priz RH7 that Nexen is going to be supplying on the other hand are all-season tires. Never had too much experience with all-seasons so this should be interesting.

Has anyone ran Nexen Tire all-seasons before ??

·
Registered
91 Posts
I won't be expecting much of these, it seems to be something a couple levels above entry-level, good enough for daily use that the average van owner will put one through.

Planning to get a set of winter tires, so come winter, I won't need to worry about how they'll perform. Are you planning to use these Nexen's in winter?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won't be expecting much of these, it seems to be something a couple levels above entry-level, good enough for daily use that the average van owner will put one through.

Planning to get a set of winter tires, so come winter, I won't need to worry about how they'll perform. Are you planning to use these Nexen's in winter?
I'm more fond of running season specific tires. So I will definitely be ditching these and keeping them in storage whilst I put on a dedicated summer tire on for summer, and the same goes for winter.

Which tires have you had good experience with ??

·
Registered
52 Posts
Falken tyres

Due to pick up my Limited tomorrow. It has the 20 inch wheel option and is fitted with Falken Ziex CT50 tyres. Not a brand that I am familiar with, but seems to get good reviews.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Hmm ... I've had experience with the Falken Azenis tires. Extreme summer performance tires and they were great, especially for the price. But I believe the Ziex' are also used on the Mazda CX-9s as well ? Tread pattern seems to be quite a bit different from the Nexens, but they look good for all-season nonetheless.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I will drive the stock tires as long as I can before the snowflakes start falling... then this chariot will get a new set of Nokian Tyres. Bought my first set of Nokians back in the winter of 2006 and never looked back since. "Best" tires I've ever owned (not that I've owned a lot). They are a little pricey, but when you need to stop (or corner or accelerate) in emergency situations in the snow/ice... would that extra $$$ be worth your safety...? Methinks it is.
:wink2:

·
Banned
106 Posts
Most definitely. Safety is always number one priority ;)

But I haven't had any experience with the Nokians, Have always ran with Blizzaks and they've done me perfectly since.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone found reviews of the Falken ZIEX CT50 tires? I heard the 18" wheel option comes with Michelins. Never heard of the Falken brand.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will drive the stock tires as long as I can before the snowflakes start falling... then this chariot will get a new set of Nokian Tyres. Bought my first set of Nokians back in the winter of 2006 and never looked back since. "Best" tires I've ever owned (not that I've owned a lot). They are a little pricey, but when you need to stop (or corner or accelerate) in emergency situations in the snow/ice... would that extra $$$ be worth your safety...? Methinks it is.
:wink2:
I will second the Nokian recommendation. Made in Finland - a country known for snow, ice, cold and rally drivers, they really are the bees knees of snow tires.

·
Registered
73 Posts
So this could potentially be a region thing depending on where you're located ?
I would doubt it. I use "tire rack" for tire shopping and I noticed the Bridgestones are classified as "Grand Touring", H speed rated and better handling than "Touring". I know the Ltd has the touring suspension so I'm thinking it's more of a package thing. I know the Bridgestones are mileage rated at 40,000, but a high traction/temperature rating.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My 20" purchased a couple wks ago came with Kumho Solus TA31. After 100 miles on them, I swapped them out for some Michelin Premier LTX. The Kumhos were fine in dry weather, but wet weather it was a little iffy at times. The Michelin's have been far better all around in both dry and wet roads.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Car manufacturers toggle what tires they use based on what they have in stock as they build plus a possible consideration of region and their contract with the tire manufacturer. For example, If you live up in a region that constantly gets rain and snow, I have my doubts they would deliver cars to that region with summer tires (and vice versa). But, then again I'm just making a guess. Ultimately, I'm sure cost drives most of those decisions.

Which Falkens did yours come with and how do you like them? The Michelins I got are really comfortable and nice, but it gets backordered and a bit pricey. I have nothing against Kumho as I run that brand on my M5. It's just that specific one that came with the Pacifica was not all that good. I may give the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 a try once the Michelins wear out; however, with the tread wear at 620 and a warranty of 6 years 60k miles, I may not ever have to change tires when my lease ends.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Most definitely. Safety is always number one priority ;)

But I haven't had any experience with the Nokians, Have always ran with Blizzaks and they've done me perfectly since.
Nokians are the best...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts