2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
3 Posts
We are having the exact same problem. Service did something in July that they said fix it but the jerking started again. I’m at a loss as to why Chrysler has not recalled the 2017 models to replace the transmission.
They haven't recalled them because NHTSA www.nhtsa.gov hasn't gotten enough complaints to warrant an investigation and forced them to recall. If you go to their website there is a form to fill out for a complaint. I am having the same issue and lodging a complaint with them for that, a freezing radio screen and the paint bubbling on the hood and urge you to do the same on any major issues you have encountered. This transmission has had recalls on other vehicles I believe prior to the reintroduction of the Pacifica in 2017. Honda is also having issues with the same ZF 9HP transmission in their Odyssey's equipped with the 9 speed. You can google ZF 9HP and read all of the articles on the transmission but it's more excuses than solutions.

·
Registered
180 Posts
This is why I really never want to own a vehicle with an automatic trans. Apart from never being in the gear I want, they just seem to have reliability issues as well. Never hear about needing to replace manual transmissions... And if the shifts are jerky, it's the driver's that's the problem, no the transmission! ;)

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
This is why I really never want to own a vehicle with an automatic trans. Apart from never being in the gear I want, they just seem to have reliability issues as well. Never hear about needing to replace manual transmissions... And if the shifts are jerky, it's the driver's that's the problem, no the transmission! ;)
Hi lutorm,

We are very sorry to hear of your concerns. What is the date of the last time your vehicle was in service? Please feel free to follow up with us privately if you'd like to discuss this further.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi lutorm,

We are very sorry to hear of your concerns. What is the date of the last time your vehicle was in service? Please feel free to follow up with us privately if you'd like to discuss this further.

Alex
Chrysler Cares
Hi Alex,
I was expressing a general sentiment regarding the experiences of others in this thread. I don't own a vehicle with an automatic transmission, so I don't have a problem with one. :)

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Hi Alex,
I was expressing a general sentiment regarding the experiences of others in this thread. I don't own a vehicle with an automatic transmission, so I don't have a problem with one. :)
Thank you for clarifying, lutorm. Please don't hesitate in reaching out should you have any vehicle questions for us.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

21 - 25 of 25 Posts