2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On Tuesday January 22nd I received a call from my wife that she was stranded at the side of the road. As she was entering the highway the van lost all power and would not accelerate. Additionally, she lost power steering - making it extremely difficult to navigate the vehicle. Luckily my wife had already dropped our son off at daycare and she was able to coast the van into the emergency lane. She could not get the van to turn off for quite a while. If fact - NOTHING electronic was working properly.

By the time I arrived the van was off, but we could not get it to re-start, or shift into any gears. We called roadside assistance and waited in 15 degree weather for the tow truck. When the driver arrived it took him over 30 minutes to figure out how to hook up the van. IT DOES NOT HAVE TOW HOOKS!!!!! Whoever thought that was a good idea is a complete moron. We called two dealers for assistance and neither could help. They finally told the driver to hook to the control arm and winch it up. Luckily in the mean time my wife had read the tow instructions and realized that the manual transmission release needed to be activated in order to avoid damage to the transmission (since we couldn't get the van out of park).

We finally got the van to the dealer and our initial experience was less than ideal. They treated us like we were coming in for a routine oil change - not customers who were just stranded in a new $40k+ vehicle. I wasn't expecting a red carpet, but something other than " just have the driver drop it in the back" would have been appreciated.

We left the van at the dealer and went to work. Later that day we got a call that the dealer that the alternator was bad and needed to be replaced.

Picked up the van today (1/25) and it seems to be running well. Van is just over a year old and has 26,000 miles. Its the first major issue we have had. Somewhat dissapointing considering that it could have resulted in a serious accident.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
On Tuesday January 22nd I received a call from my wife that she was stranded at the side of the road. As she was entering the highway the van lost all power and would not accelerate. Additionally, she lost power steering - making it extremely difficult to navigate the vehicle. Luckily my wife had already dropped our son off at daycare and she was able to coast the van into the emergency lane. She could not get the van to turn off for quite a while. If fact - NOTHING electronic was working properly.

By the time I arrived the van was off, but we could not get it to re-start, or shift into any gears. We called roadside assistance and waited in 15 degree weather for the tow truck. When the driver arrived it took him over 30 minutes to figure out how to hook up the van. IT DOES NOT HAVE TOW HOOKS!!!!! Whoever thought that was a good idea is a complete moron. We called two dealers for assistance and neither could help. They finally told the driver to hook to the control arm and winch it up. Luckily in the mean time my wife had read the tow instructions and realized that the manual transmission release needed to be activated in order to avoid damage to the transmission (since we couldn't get the van out of park).

We finally got the van to the dealer and our initial experience was less than ideal. They treated us like we were coming in for a routine oil change - not customers who were just stranded in a new $40k+ vehicle. I wasn't expecting a red carpet, but something other than " just have the driver drop it in the back" would have been appreciated.

We left the van at the dealer and went to work. Later that day we got a call that the dealer that the alternator was bad and needed to be replaced.

Picked up the van today (1/25) and it seems to be running well. Van is just over a year old and has 26,000 miles. Its the first major issue we have had. Somewhat disappointing considering that it could have resulted in a serious accident.
Sorry to hear of the problem you had. Thanks for posting what happened and the remedy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I waited to post my experience until we had a resolution. I know that posting issues without resolution can cause people to get anxious. I drove the van for the first time since getting it back. Drives just like it always has!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I waited to post my experience until we had a resolution. I know that posting issues without resolution can cause people to get anxious. I drove the van for the first time since getting it back. Drives just like it always has!

I didn’t read the entire thread, but when you say it drove the same, is it good or bad? You mean the problem has resolved or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts