2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been a lurker since before I purchased the van in August 2020. I so badly want to love this van but it continues to give issues so just throwing this out as warning to all.

Initially within 2 weeks if purchasing it used, the transmission goes out on the highway while trying to pick the kids up from school. Got the red turtle and all that. Had the transmission replaced at the local dealership under warranty.

Fast forward to June 2021, it stated making a horrible rattling noise and eventually sounded like something was getting torqued and banged together. Turns on the transmission bolts were loose and the dealership that replaced the transmission fixed it no charge as I'm now outside the warranty period.

A month later I'm driving 1500 miles on my way to Florida for vacation when I make a wrong turn and have to get off the highway and turn around. The noise is back and way worse than before, luckily was able to find a dealership close by where they fixed the same issue, this time the 3 bolts that hold the transmission to the mount have all sheared off and had to be drilled out. Ended up having to get a rental so I could continue vacation and left the van and picked it up on the way back. All said am out 2300 with repairs and rental since only 1 rental company have a vehicle big enough for the family plus luggage.

Some pictures for reference. There definitely was a rattling noise before hand I could hear in hindsight especially when the ICE was on and initially accelerating.

Reached out to the local dealership about some type of reimbursement since obviously they didn't handle the repair correctly in the first place. I haven't seen anywhere that this has been an issue before so wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this.

Unfortunately the wife is ready to get rid of this and I think I may be as well.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I think your beef is with the dealership and not the vehicle . I love reading these threads where it’s honed that the vehicle is either junk, crap or etc and then read the backstory . Have you initiated conversation with the original service dealership ? . Have you written letter with copy of original service record and subsequent work with a registered letter to whomever owns the dealership ? . Have you contacted a lawyer to know your rights, legality of perusing remedy to correct the whole situation? Just remember that automotive dealerships are nothing more than garages .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep took them the receipts on Monday and they "have to talk to the owner". Regardless it does go back to the car being junk... Having the transmission replaced at 45k miles whether under warranty or not is pretty suspect. I've had plenty of Hondas and never any issues where I was stranded ever and this vehicle has already stranded me twice.

It wasn't geared towards a pity party, it was giving some back story, curious if anyone else had had this issue after having a transmission replaced since it seems so many of them have to be.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Firstly , you purchased the vehicle used and whomever had vehicle could have beat the **** out of the tranny . Secondly , the vehicle left you stranded because the initial repair was not preformed to specs . Thirdly , look at Honda forum site and see the issues pertaining to their transmissions and the reason why they have a extended warranty from them . Lastly look at what “ caveat emptor “ means . You bought used your get somebody else’s headaches or problems . Your vehicle has the capability to be 5 yrs old , what’s service have been preformed in that time to the engine/ powertrain , if any . Like anything in life bought used it’s always “ buyer beware “ . The fault lies with poor maintenance, poor dealer service as per the initial repair .

·
Registered
101 Posts
This sounds like another situation where the problems should have been covered under warranty all along because it all relates back to a failure of the hybrid transmission.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think your beef is with the dealership and not the vehicle . I love reading these threads where it’s honed that the vehicle is either junk, crap or etc and then read the backstory . Have you initiated conversation with the original service dealership ? . Have you written letter with copy of original service record and subsequent work with a registered letter to whomever owns the dealership ? . Have you contacted a lawyer to know your rights, legality of perusing remedy to correct the whole situation? Just remember that automotive dealerships are nothing more than garages .
Are you blind or do you just have selective reading. The OP mentions that he contacted the original service dealership. He also never honed in on the vehicle being crap. Pursuing a lawyer is some dumpy advice. Retaining a lawyer so that said lawyer can advise him on his rights is going to cost him more than the 2k he's already dropped on the car. Assuming you're from Canada by looking at your very unoriginal screen name, not sure how y'all do things up there but the dealerships down here are more than just garages. That's the most ignorant thing I've ever heard, it makes me wanna slap my momma.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Are you blind or do you just have selective reading. The OP mentions that he contacted the original service dealership. He also never honed in on the vehicle being crap. Pursuing a lawyer is some dumpy advice. Retaining a lawyer so that said lawyer can advise him on his rights is going to cost him more than the 2k he's already dropped on the car. Assuming you're from Canada by looking at your very unoriginal screen name, not sure how y'all do things up there but the dealerships down here are more than just garages. That's the most ignorant thing I've ever heard, it makes me wanna slap my momma.
The interesting first post.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts