2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a 2017 Pacifica. The infotainment system does not have Android Auto or Apple Car Play (and has the 3G capability, not LTE).

6 months ago, I asked the local dealership if the infotainment system's software can be upgraded to include Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. They said yes. I dropped it off at the dealership, and they said it would take 6 hours for that update (and they did this for free).

Unfortunately, no Android Auto or Apple Car Play icons are on the updated infotainment (I suspect they only did a rom update).

So, my question is, can I get a used 2018 8.4" infotainment system from a wrecked Pacifica and replace my 2017 one with a 2018 one (has anyone tried)? I love how Google Maps works now and it updates daily (I'm not wanting to spend $149 each year to update the native Chrysler NAV maps).

Thoughts? Comments?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
2017 Pacifica 8.4" Infotainment System question

Yes, there are some members who have done it, I think one of the moderators have also done it. A forum search can help. I will post the link when I find that information.
But please be aware that you may not receive over air updates since the unit is different. May be there is a work around for it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
So, I have a 2017 Pacifica. The infotainment system does not have Android Auto or Apple Car Play (and has the 3G capability, not LTE).

6 months ago, I asked the local dealership if the infotainment system's software can be upgraded to include Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. They said yes. I dropped it off at the dealership, and they said it would take 6 hours for that update (and they did this for free).

Unfortunately, no Android Auto or Apple Car Play icons are on the updated infotainment (I suspect they only did a rom update).

So, my question is, can I get a used 2018 8.4" infotainment system from a wrecked Pacifica and replace my 2017 one with a 2018 one (has anyone tried)? I love how Google Maps works now and it updates daily (I'm not wanting to spend $149 each year to update the native Chrysler NAV maps).

Thoughts? Comments?
Here is a link that might be the one @Bond007 was referring to. This is just one post in a long thread, so you may want to read the rest of the thread and other threads as well. (I have the 2017 8.4 Nav system and don't plan to do anything to it.)
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/535937-post40.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts