2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2018 TL+ Built April 2018, Dark Cardovan Pearl w/S package, hands free
93 Posts
Ok, just want to throw my 2 cents into the pot (and probably watch them disappear, lol). Our AC is not great, actually had the dealer look at it on Tues. they said they could find nothing wrong. I will admit, it's a lot of space to cool down. With the sunroof "cover" closed I would imagine a lot of heat still comes through the top. It's a dark colored van, black on black inside doesn't help.

We were told to leave it off circulate and then once inside or after a few minutes of driving turn on circulate.

It's a minor complaint. If I have to recharge I can do so at work (and that was my 1st impression with the van...needed a recharge). I wouldn't call it comfortable, at least not as fast as I would hope.

·
Registered
2019 Pacifica Touring L
76 Posts
I would “hope” the dealer put hi and lo gauges on it to see if the pressures were within spec, as opposed to sticking a thermostat in the vent or feeling the air with their hand. Overcharging is typically what ruins compressors, so I would not use a single gauge guesstimate top off method. Hard to say what the dealer did to diagnose performance. It is interesting that they recommended purging hot interior air in fresh air mode, then switch to recirculate once the interior drops below outside air temp. That is the best way to cool with a weak system

·
Registered
704 Posts
Ok, just want to throw my 2 cents into the pot (and probably watch them disappear, lol). Our AC is not great, actually had the dealer look at it on Tues. they said they could find nothing wrong. I will admit, it's a lot of space to cool down. With the sunroof "cover" closed I would imagine a lot of heat still comes through the top. It's a dark colored van, black on black inside doesn't help.

We were told to leave it off circulate and then once inside or after a few minutes of driving turn on circulate.

It's a minor complaint. If I have to recharge I can do so at work (and that was my 1st impression with the van...needed a recharge). I wouldn't call it comfortable, at least not as fast as I would hope.
This sounds just like my vans, I also had the dealer look at the 2017 and they said the same things.

The recirculate, I notice on my Lexus, it automatically puts it on recirculate when its hot, the Pacifica doesnt. Having it on recirculate makes sense, as the air inside cools down its cooling cooler air as opposed to always trying to cool the hotter outside air. I will try putting the Pacifica in recirculate manually and see if that helps.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts