2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using the pedal commander for a year now and finally got around to testing the vans 0-60 with pedal commander in city +2 setting. Half tank of gas and driver only.
Best 0-60 was 8.2 seconds and 1/8 mile in 10.6 seconds. I will have to do stock setting tests next to compare times. I am using a GPS device called Dragy it is for vehicle acceleration and deceleration testing. If interested look it up.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The pedal commander will not improve 0-60 times.

·
Registered
117 Posts
What is the purpose of this pedal commander thing? Other than giving you a more sensitive pedal at lower inputs.... is there any drivability advantage in terms of operation, transmission smoothness or anything on the Pacifica?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pedal command does improve acceleration times. The torque converter lockup is much faster. If you have one you know what I am talking about.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The pedal command does improve acceleration times. The torque converter lockup is much faster. If you have one you know what I am talking about.
I don't have Pedal Commander in my Pacifica, but I have SprintBooster (the same purpose as PC) in my Genesis 4.6, and I am 100% with you. I didn't test 0-60 times with my Genesis (with or without SB), but I will tell you that it is day and night difference in everyday driving when passing other vehicles or merging into freeways.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is the purpose of this pedal commander thing? Other than giving you a more sensitive pedal at lower inputs.... is there any drivability advantage in terms of operation, transmission smoothness or anything on the Pacifica?
Think of the pedal commander as a sport button. I have driven Jeep Cherokee’s and wranglers with same 3.6L engine and the sport button behaves the same way the pedal commander does.

·
Registered
491 Posts
No it does not. I also have the pedal commander on both of my vehicles, it changes the torque curve of the engine, but 0-60 is wide open throttle (WOT) and thats always the same, pedal commander or not.

All the pedal commander does is make the engine feel more responsive. It does not make the car more powerful, and will not impact 0-60 times. Sport buttons dont impact 0-60 times either.

Don't believe me? Ask Pedal Commander.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No it does not. I also have the pedal commander on both of my vehicles, it changes the torque curve of the engine, but 0-60 is wide open throttle (WOT) and thats always the same, pedal commander or not.

All the pedal commander does is make the engine feel more responsive. It does not make the car more powerful, and will not impact 0-60 times. Sport buttons dont impact 0-60 times either.

Don't believe me? Ask Pedal Commander.
I believe you I turned off the pedal commander today and matched my times. With that said it feels so much better to drive with the pedal commander on. I almost never need to go wot and the front tires will fight for traction when accelerating from a stop about 1/2 throttle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have never heard of Pedal Commander; but then again, I've never tried to find something like this either. My biggest bitch with my Pacifica is the laggy throttle response. My husband gripes about it too. Google is my friend and I found the PC web site. The install looks pretty simple; literally plug and play. I ordered one. They're having a $30 off special for Presidents' Day this weekend 14-17 Feb 2020. Free 2-day shipping, no tax, $269 OTD. Weather it effects my 0-60 times doesn't matter as long as when I press the accelerator the van accelerates without the lag.

This is one of many reasons why I hang out on this forum... The sharing of knowledge.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have never heard of Pedal Commander; but then again, I've never tried to find something like this either. My biggest bitch with my Pacifica is the laggy throttle response. My husband gripes about it too. Google is my friend and I found the PC web site. The install looks pretty simple; literally plug and play. I ordered one. They're having a $30 off special for Presidents' Day this weekend 14-17 Feb 2020. Free 2-day shipping, no tax, $269 OTD. Weather it effects my 0-60 times doesn't matter as long as when I press the accelerator the van accelerates without the lag.

This is one of many reasons why I hang out on this forum... The sharing of knowledge.
Two aftermarket devices I would not do without.
1- Pedal Commander for the throttle response it allows.
2- Smart Stop Start so I don't have to hit the switch every time I get in the van.

If you get the pedal commander chime back to let us know what you think.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh one more electronic a must have. Dashcam!

Just missed getting hit tonight. I braked and hit the horn but the silver car did not brake hard enough to avoid getting hit. That was at 55mph posted speed limit.
Before you ask... Everyone was alright.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I don't have a dashcam in the Pacifica but I do in the Lexus, definitely agree,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Two aftermarket devices I would not do without.
1- Pedal Commander for the throttle response it allows.
2- Smart Stop Start so I don't have to hit the switch every time I get in the van.

If you get the pedal commander chime back to let us know what you think.
Got the Pedal Commander and finally installed it yesterday. BTW installation is idiot proof. It took me longer to figure out where I wanted to put the controller than it took me to hook up the unit.

First drive. OMG it’s not the same van! In the City setting there were firm appropriate upshifts. Downshifts were appropriate without bogging down especially on uphills. While passing, the downshift gear selection was more appropriate. Previously, it always selected one gear too low leaving the engine screaming while passing and it didn’t upshift until I took my foot off the gas. I know my Pacifica is not a sports car, but with better throttle response it handles better in the curves. I called the lagging shifts “dithering between the gears.”

I switched the PC to Sport mode and drove the same route. I really liked the sportier feeling but realized it would be a little less practical for day to day driving. The PC will probably stay in City mode most of the time. The PC was worth every penny!

I found the Smart Start/Stop before I bought my Pacifica. I’ve driven enough rental cars with ESS to know it annoys the heck out of me. The leftover 2018 I bought was delivered with the ESS not working and the yellow light on the dash display. I’m living with it for now. I had always planned to buy a SS/S. I haven’t taken the Pacifica in for it’s first service yet and I’m concerned the dealer may tell me in order to preserve my warranty coverage they have to repair the ESS. At that point I’ll buy the SS/S.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts