2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening friends.

I’ve had my 2017 Pacifica since June of ‘17. I’ve had a number of issues with the car, had multiple conversations and appointments with my dealership. I’m disappointed with the results thus far. Looking through this forum has both helped and gotten my frustrated with my vehicle. To date these have been my issues.

*touch screen ghosting. Took it to dealership with video evidence. No resolution.

* multiple recalls. One of which I cannot find now, abs is no longer listed as a recall. Transmission I believe.

*driver side sliding door issues.

* knocking in the driver side wheel well.

* paint blistering.

* key fobs not recognized and/or working consistently.

I have another appointment this Monday with my dealership regarding the steering wheel grinding recall. I will attempt to have them look at the rest, yet again.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Evening friends.

I’ve had my 2017 Pacifica since June of ‘17. I’ve had a number of issues with the car, had multiple conversations and appointments with my dealership. I’m disappointed with the results thus far. Looking through this forum has both helped and gotten my frustrated with my vehicle. To date these have been my issues.

*touch screen ghosting. Took it to dealership with video evidence. No resolution.

* multiple recalls. One of which I cannot find now, abs is no longer listed as a recall. Transmission I believe.

* paint blistering.

I have another appointment this Monday with my dealership regarding the steering wheel grinding recall. I will attempt to have them look at the rest, yet again.
If you use the search feature you can print info to take with you to the dealer. Some suggestions to try before the dealer appointment:
Change fob battery (CR2032 watch battery).
Recalls are safety related and can be found on the Mopar website by entering your VIN.
TSBs (technical service bulletins) are repair suggestions to try when a customer complains of a problem that the bulletin covers. There was one TSB for transmission issues in early build 2017s. Build date is on edge of driver's door. Otherwise, various things have been done to fix shifting issues (at least temporarily).
Paint corrosion issues have been documented and fixes have been made available to customers.
Some solutions are things that have worked for forum members (such as reflashing the door module for reopening).
I don't know about the other things you mentioned, but it is better to post issues separately in appropriate threads.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Evening friends.

* paint blistering.

Hi Dotten, if you are still having trouble after your dealer visit today, feel free to let us know. We are happy to help.

Kaitlin
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Dotten, I sent you a private message.
I have the knocking in the driver’s wheel well too. It knocks on even the slightest bumps. Do you know what it might be? I tried to remove the wheel and tap on any ball joints and bushings, but the noise only happens when the suspension is under load I guess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Evening friends.

* paint blistering.

UPDATE
The dealership sent me a quote for all the issues. This is after my car wouldn’t start yesterday and flashed multiple service errors. $1700.

2 new batteries
Flash PCM
Flash rear doors and lift gate
Update radio
Throttle injection service.

??‍♂

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the knocking in the driver’s wheel well too. It knocks on even the slightest bumps. Do you know what it might be? I tried to remove the wheel and tap on any ball joints and bushings, but the noise only happens when the suspension is under load I guess.
it is the drivers side upper strut mount that needs to be changed. Did mine under warranty a while back.

·
Registered
713 Posts
UPDATE
The dealership sent me a quote for all the issues. This is after my car wouldn’t start yesterday and flashed multiple service errors. $1700.

2 new batteries
Flash PCM
Flash rear doors and lift gate
Update radio
Throttle injection service.

??‍♂
Sounds way way scammy. Are the costs broken out individually?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did yuh ever find a resolution for the touch screen ghosting and not working? I have video of mine doing it too. Only does it under extreme humidity when we were in Florida and at lake a few hours from home. It happens to me every summer I get no where with it. Have had numerous other electrical Issues new batteries seemed to fix the others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They have had my car a total of 3 months since the start of the year. Mainly transmission issues. But they claim nothing is wrong with it and nothing wrong with my touch screen. I’m beginning to think it’s a lemon 🍋

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
They have had my car a total of 3 months since the start of the year. Mainly transmission issues. But they claim nothing is wrong with it and nothing wrong with my touch screen. I’m beginning to think it’s a lemon 🍋
My suggestion is to call FCA at the number in post 106 of the thread below.
If you put your van info in the signature line of account settings it will show up at the bottom of your posts. Build date is on the edge of the driver's door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts