2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
A couple days ago the check engine light on my wife's 2017 Pacifica came on. The Bluedriver OBD2 reader showed a code P018C, which is low fuel pressure, and the fuel pressure sensor was showing 0 psi. A quick google search showed that this seems to be a common problem and eventually led me to this thread. Today I purchased a 52030445AA fuel rail and pressure sensor from the local Chrysler dealer for less than $40. Using Huntsaver's detailed instructional post above, it took less than 15 minutes to remove the old sensor tube and install the new one. After three short 1/2 mile trips, I was able to clear the check engine light with the Bluedriver, the fuel pressure showed a consistent 58 psi, and my wife is happy again. The only caution I would mention to others that do this repair themselves is that when installing the fitting under the air intake make absolutely sure the fitting is fully seated onto the stub. Mine wasn't fully seated until I felt the second bump. It makes me wonder if the reports in this thread about the leaking fuel rail were the result of failing to fully seat the fitting under the air intake. Anyway, thank you for this thread, and special thanks to Huntsaver for the instructions!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for your post! They wanted me to pay $125 for just diagnosing the issue despite me telling them what it was and $100 for the repair. Instead it cost me $25 for the part. Same thing as above make sure that you feel a click on both reconnects before you push down the clip. Almost left it loose. But looks good and engine light is off now.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Thank you for your post! They wanted me to pay $125 for just diagnosing the issue despite me telling them what it was and $100 for the repair. Instead it cost me $25 for the part. Same thing as above make sure that you feel a click on both reconnects before you push down the clip. Almost left it loose. But looks good and engine light is off now.
Hi Dmilmo,

We are very sorry to hear of your experience. If you ever need additional assistance, please feel free to free to send us a private message.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are very sorry to hear of your experience. If you ever need additional assistance, please feel free to free to send us a private message.

Alex
Chrysler Cares
I'm hoping you are a real person, but I suspect you are simply a bot that is replying with canned responses.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts