2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2017 Pacifica Limited WITHOUT the start/stop feature. Today I had some weird symptoms. When coming to an almost complete stop, the vehicle surged slightly each time. Then, when the vehicle downshifted going up an incline, the front passenger window went down. This happened several times. One time when I stopped, the gear selector started flashing D and the vehicle acted like it was in neutral. I selected neutral and back to drive and it worked.

So, those were the weird gremlins I dealt with today. I did some research and poking around. It turns out the battery only held about 10 volts and was bad. I did research and AGM batteries are highly recommended for vehicles with lots of electrical draw. I put in a new Die Hard Platinum AGM battery and all is back to normal.

Just wanted to share my story to maybe help someone else.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
511 Posts
I would tell anyone with electrical gremlins to replace the battery or batteries if you have ESS. These vehicles are power hungry beasts.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,462 Posts
If you got along this long on the original battery, you did very well. If you don't have ESS, your vehicle has to be about 5 years old now (built in 2016). Most here do not get that much time on an original battery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you got along this long on the original battery, you did very well. If you don't have ESS, your vehicle has to be about 5 years old now (built in 2016). Most here do not get that much time on an original battery.
hello peter, sorry to interrupt, is there a way I can tell if my car does it haves good life in the actual both batteries?
Sorry for the newbie question, but i just bought a used 2017 with 100.000KM.
Want to do a far trip, so i want to replace just in case some essential parts...

what do you recommend?

cheers mate

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,462 Posts
hello peter, sorry to interrupt, is there a way I can tell if my car does it haves good life in the actual both batteries?
Sorry for the newbie question, but i just bought a used 2017 with 100.000KM.
Want to do a far trip, so i want to replace just in case some essential parts...

what do you recommend?

cheers mate
If you do have the ESS system, you will have the two batteries. You need to have the batteries load tested, but you need to ensure that whoever is testing them disconnects the negative cable from the aux battery. If you do not, the readings will be for a total power from both batteries. This can mask if one of the batteries is bad.

Depending on the results of the testing, you need to be aware that if one battery is found to be bad, depending on how long it has been bad, it will have been dragging down the 'good' battery, bringing it closer to failing also. If you are going on a long trip, it might be wise to replace both if either is weak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts