2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hello all,

Sorry it has been a long time since I have provided an update. The car remains in the shop, it has been over two months now. I again requested through Chrysler Cares to repurchase the car after I hit the 30 business days I was told needed to pass before it would be reconsidered. I was then told it had over 24,000 so it would not be escalated and to seek lemon law or arbitration. The dealership seemed frustrated as they were required to follow Chrysler Engineering guidance which was to try this and try that. I have no idea why they did not just replace the engine as the rental car alone is costing over $1k a month.

Now the good news... I won my arbitration against Chrysler and they have 30 days to repurchase the vehicle. I was contacted yesterday by Stericycle and have sent in the paperwork. It has taken a while to go through the arbitration process but has been worth it as I believe Chrysler would have strung me along indefinitely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Final update: The third party company FCA uses to buyback lemons Stericycle was actually a pleasure to deal with. They were friendly and efficient. I met with their representative today at the dealership to sign the paperwork turn over the keys and collect the check. The van still has the check engine light on despite almost three months of trying to fix it. The representative said the vehicle will be sold as is at auction with a title indicating it is a lemon. I bought a 2019 Ford Expedition last week and hope to have better luck.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Amazing! Glad you got satisfaction but I am always amazed that they cannot build cars consistently well. Why are there cars like this one? It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in the meetings or operations in Auburn Hills or wherever these affairs are discussed.

Hope your Ford delights you. Best wishes.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Final update: The third party company FCA uses to buyback lemons Stericycle was actually a pleasure to deal with. They were friendly and efficient. I met with their representative today at the dealership to sign the paperwork turn over the keys and collect the check. The van still has the check engine light on despite almost three months of trying to fix it. The representative said the vehicle will be sold as is at auction with a title indicating it is a lemon. I bought a 2019 Ford Expedition last week and hope to have better luck.

I thought you could have waited till the brand new Ford Explorer hits the stores, but I guess the Expedition is also new and probably nicer.
Congratulations on your new ride.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been through two lemons over the last couple decades, one Ford and one GM and for anyone reading this, Chrysler's response is pretty common. There's tons of people upset at multiple repairs or things they think are serious and unfortunately the automakers don't have unlimited funds to buy back vehicles out of the goodness of their hearts just by asking them nicely.

In this case it's pretty clear the van was defective, the dealer and/or troubleshooting diagnostics weren't up to snuff, or a combination. Glad the arbitration process worked out for you. Just in case the vehicle is out back into service after being fixed, if you don't mind it might be good to post the VIN for future reference if someone buys it and does a search to see the history.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts