2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have same issue with my 2018 Pacifica with 70K miles. I'm actually surprised there isn't a class action lawsuit based on the number of people reporting the same issue. My old mechanic says he refuses to work on this engine and said it is the worst engine he's ever worked on and recommends everyone get rid of this vehicle. What a terrible black eye for Chrysler. I sure hope Chrysler Cares will do the right thing and stand behind their product. This was my wife's dream car. Seems it may be our nightmare. I really hope @ChrylerCares steps up.
I 100% agree! I am going through a very similar situation with my 2018 Pacifica with almost 80k miles. I absolutely love my Pacifica, but ever since getting a new transmission last year its been one thing after another! My Pacifica is currently at the dealership and they want $4100 to start just to take everything out! I don't even know what to do or who do go to for help!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Had a similar issue with misfires (2018 with 50k). Was originally misdiagnosed as a spark plug issue, which they swapped out. Week later had a misfire in another cylinder. Root cause was eventually determined to be a leaking head gasket which was causing coolant to leak into the cylinders. Had that replaced and seem to be all good now. Chrysler Cares was great about the entire thing. The head gasket issue was covered under warranty and once that was determined to be the root cause they issued a refund for the earlier spark plug swap as well.

Check to see if you're losing coolant, if so that may be your issue.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
735 Posts
Head gasket failures are sometimes caused by using the wrong coolant or not changing the coolant soon enough.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Must be a start of a common issue. I have a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica with 73,000 miles. I have a cracked head and it's going to cost $9,300. To top it off they don't even know when they can get the parts in. A have had nothing but issues since I've owned this van which I bought new. Needless to say if Chrysler doesn't somehow help out with the repair it will be my last Chrysler product. You shouldn't have to spend that much on a 4 year old vehicle with 73,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Hi everyone,
We're sorry to hear you all are experiencing this concern with your vehicles. If you'd like to send us a PM, we'd be happy to discuss further to determine how we may best assist.

Sarah
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,
We're sorry to hear you all are experiencing this concern with your vehicles. If you'd like to send us a PM, we'd be happy to discuss further to determine how we may best assist.

Sarah
Chrysler Cares
I already called customer care and they told me there was nothing they could do. I’m out of warranty. I am out of warranty but I should never have to pay $9,300 for a repair on a vehicle that is only 4 years old with 73,000 miles.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
735 Posts
I already called customer care and they told me there was nothing they could do. I’m out of warranty. I am out of warranty but I should never have to pay $9,300 for a repair on a vehicle that is only 4 years old with 73,000 miles.
I assume you are referring to the cylinder head. What evidence did they have that it is cracked in your Pacifica? For the kind of money they are asking, it is certainly worth asking for more details and for them to show you exactly what they see. If they refuse to do that, it might be time to find another dealer or even an independent shop to diagnose the problem.

What were the symptoms that caused you to take it in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I assume you are referring to the cylinder head. What evidence did they have that it is cracked in your Pacifica? For the kind of money they are asking, it is certainly worth asking for more details and for them to show you exactly what they see. If they refuse to do that, it might be time to find another dealer or even an independent shop to diagnose the problem.

What were the symptoms that caused you to take it in?
They have the engine torn apart and found the crack in the head.
I had rough idle and check engine light on. Dealership found antifreeze in cylinder 5. After tearing the engine down farther they found the crack.
I have a Chrysler product and it’s at a Chrysler dealership and you want me to go to an independent repair shop? Crazy

·
Registered
4 Posts
They have the engine torn apart and found the crack in the head.
I had rough idle and check engine light on. Dealership found antifreeze in cylinder 5. After tearing the engine down farther they found the crack.
I have a Chrysler product and it’s at a Chrysler dealership and you want me to go to an independent repair shop? Crazy
Sorry it’s a cracked block not a cracked head.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m having the same issue 2017 80k miles on it (we drive a lot) and just got the call from the mechanic misfire #5 so doing the coil pack and replace spark plugs 🤦‍♀️ 600 bucks to fix. How long did you fix last because it already hard shifts which is also a known issue Chrysler refuses to acknowledge. I’m planning on trading this in I’m over it already and I really loved this van.

I'd probably not take the car on any long trips. I was coming home through New Mexico when the first misfire code went off. Replaced spark plugs and coil packs in New Mexico. Drove it home, the engine light didn't come on (felt sick the whole way scared the thing would die somewhere along a desert stretch) and 12 hours later made it home. It never started again and the dealer said it was a case of total engine failure. I had it towed to my mechanic and they put a new engine (had 50k on it and paid $780 for 1-year total parts and labor insurance). The dealer had it 3 weeks and wanted 10k for a new engine. My mechanic got the car on a Saturday afternoon and I drove it home on Wednesday.

Good luck, I hope you won't be in my shoes. PS Chrysler was no help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m having the same issue 2017 80k miles on it (we drive a lot) and just got the call from the mechanic misfire #5 so doing the coil pack and replace spark plugs 🤦‍♀️ 600 bucks to fix. How long did you fix last because it already hard shifts which is also a known issue Chrysler refuses to acknowledge. I’m planning on trading this in I’m over it already and I really loved this van.
I'd probably not take the car on any long trips. I was coming home through New Mexico when the first misfire code went off. Replaced spark plugs and coil packs in New Mexico. Drove it home, the engine light didn't come on (felt sick the whole way scared the thing would die somewhere along a desert stretch) and 12 hours later made it home. It never started again and the dealer said it was a case of total engine failure. I had it towed to my mechanic and they put a new engine (had 50k on it and paid $780 for 1-year total parts and labor insurance). The dealer had it 3 weeks and wanted 10k for a new engine. My mechanic got the car on a Saturday afternoon and I drove it home on Wednesday.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I 100% agree! I am going through a very similar situation with my 2018 Pacifica with almost 80k miles. I absolutely love my Pacifica, but ever since getting a new transmission last year its been one thing after another! My Pacifica is currently at the dealership and they want $4100 to start just to take everything out! I don't even know what to do or who do go to for help!
I was coming home through New Mexico when the first misfire code went off. Replaced spark plugs and coil packs in New Mexico. Drove it home, the engine light didn't come on (felt sick the whole way scared the thing would die somewhere along a desert stretch) and 12 hours later made it home. It never started again and the dealer said it was a case of total engine failure. I had it towed to my mechanic and they put a new engine (had 50k on it and paid $780 for 1-year total parts and labor insurance). The dealer had it 3 weeks and wanted 10k for a new engine. My mechanic got the car on a Saturday afternoon and I drove it home on Wednesday.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts