2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,
We're sorry to hear you all are experiencing this concern with your vehicles. If you'd like to send us a PM, we'd be happy to discuss further to determine how we may best assist.

Sarah
Chrysler Cares
I have a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Premium with 50,000 miles. (About 7 months remaining on the powertrain warranty). I have seen many others on these forums with similar issues and was curious to see if this could be an upcoming recall? I was planning on replacing the spark plugs and coils, but it looks like it may be a leaky head gasket issue, or possibly warped/cracked cylinder head?

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I have a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Premium with 50,000 miles. (About 7 months remaining on the powertrain warranty). I have seen many others on these forums with similar issues and was curious to see if this could be an upcoming recall? I was planning on replacing the spark plugs and coils, but it looks like it may be a leaky head gasket issue, or possibly warped/cracked cylinder head?
Hi 00Justin,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing this! To clarify, recalls are usually safety-related and are released in tandem with internal Stellantis parties and the NHTSA; that said, we sadly are unable to speculate on whether a recall will be released. As you proceed with repairs, feel free to save any receipts/repair orders to be submitted should any recalls arise in the future. Additionally, if you'd like technical support alongside your dealer to perform any repairs, feel free to follow up with us in PM with your VIN.

Sarah
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 non-hybrid Pacifica that I just got back service. At barely 80,000 miles it threw the same cylinder code. Two dealer service departments looked at it and one of them thought a bolt had fallen into the cylinder and was causing the misfire. $1500 later I have the van back, but it still isn’t running properly (shakes when idling, runs rough, engine light on & off). This is just the latest in a string of problems with this Pacifica and I am so frustrated! Very disappointed in Chrysler, they used to be a reputable company.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi 00Justin,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing this! To clarify, recalls are usually safety-related and are released in tandem with internal Stellantis parties and the NHTSA; that said, we sadly are unable to speculate on whether a recall will be released. As you proceed with repairs, feel free to save any receipts/repair orders to be submitted should any recalls arise in the future. Additionally, if you'd like technical support alongside your dealer to perform any repairs, feel free to follow up with us in PM with your VIN.

Sarah
Chrysler Cares
i have 2017 with 100k and have the same issue. MVP has to come out and inspect it before they will approve the work. This issue should be fixed in a recall. To many people have been screwed.
As soon as they put the new engine in it, I’m handing it back to the dealership and getting a new one with a different engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2017 van with 72,300 miles just came back from service department with a head gasket repair ($4,100). We were told to be happy it didn't need a new engine (quoted $12,500). Our car was throwing a p0305 (misfiring on cylinder 5). If your pacifica is showing a misfire on any cylinder I encourage folks to ask the dealer or your independent mechanic to look for a coolant leak. We have spent almost 6 weeks trying to get this diagnosed (and fixed) and a lot of $ on rental cars while waiting for service appointments and parts to come in. The sooner you know the less damage it will have done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I’m having the same issue on my Chrysler Pacifica 2017. I’m extremely frustrated as I’ve had it “fixed” 4 times now. I’m $1,800 now between tow trucks and repairs and once again, a month after getting fixed, after being in the shop 2 weeks, it’s misfiring from #6.

·
Registered
33 Posts
2017 with 50k miles here. Been dealing with mysteriously disappearing coolant and cylinder misfires for years. The dealer fix has always been to replace the affected coil pack or injector and top off coolant. All covered under the extended warranty. Recently, the dealership checked the coolant system for leaks and claimed none were found.

Within the past month, we've had 2 different misfires on 2 separate occasions. I'm guessing I have the dreaded head gasket issue. How can I get the dealer to check for this? We have the warranty so repairs should be covered.

·
Administrator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,942 Posts
2017 with 50k miles here. Been dealing with mysteriously disappearing coolant and cylinder misfires for years. The dealer fix has always been to replace the affected coil pack or injector and top off coolant. All covered under the extended warranty. Recently, the dealership checked the coolant system for leaks and claimed none were found.

Within the past month, we've had 2 different misfires on 2 separate occasions. I'm guessing I have the dreaded head gasket issue. How can I get the dealer to check for this? We have the warranty so repairs should be covered.
You take your phone with you with links to some of these forum threads about this issue. Then tell them to check for a head gasket leak.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Ours was found by an independent mechanic. They recommended we take it to the dealer (we don't have an extended warranty).

·
Registered
17 Posts
My van has 135k miles on it and I recently had the cylinder 2 misfire code and the engine was running really rough. I replaced all the spark plugs and only the cylinder 2 coil pack, And it’s been running fine for over 1k miles now.

Since my van is so far above the dreaded blown head gasket issue at 70k, am I likely in the clear with this major engine issue? Or are other high mileage owners seeing blown head gaskets at higher mileage as well? I am debating on getting rid of the van while it is running well before some larger major engine or transmission issue occurs.

btw, I have the occasional rough transmission shift around the 5th gear also as others have mentioned .

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,104 Posts
My van has 135k miles on it and I recently had the cylinder 2 misfire code and the engine was running really rough. I replaced all the spark plugs and only the cylinder 2 coil pack, And it’s been running fine for over 1k miles now.

Since my van is so far above the dreaded blown head gasket issue at 70k, am I likely in the clear with this major engine issue? Or are other high mileage owners seeing blown head gaskets at higher mileage as well? I am debating on getting rid of the van while it is running well before some larger major engine or transmission issue occurs.

btw, I have the occasional rough transmission shift around the 5th gear also as others have mentioned .
Just as a trouble shooting tool on a misfire instead of replacing the coil pack. I like to just swap it to a different cylinder first. If the misfire moves to the other cylinder then I replace it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@ChryslerCares I'm getting a cylinder misfire CEL as well. Do I have any hope of it being covered by the manufacturer? My '17 Pacifica has 56k miles.

Between this seemingly common cylinder misfire issue, and the AC compressor I had to replace at 45k miles, I'm quickly losing faith in the quality of Chrysler vehicles.

Thank you very much, in advance, for your reply.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a 2017 Pacifica non hybrid. We've owned it 2.5 years now and have almost 50,000 miles. We love the van, everything about it. The trans does have a hard shift around 5th gear at high rpm and the hood has started bubbling in the usual spot on these. I've been meaning to bring it to the dealer but never had a great excuse until now. The van started running rough while my wife and kids were out. When they got home I noticed the check engine light was on so I was able to pull the code. P0306, misfire cylinder #6. I thought, easy enough, I'll swap plugs in cylinder 4 and 6 and see if the code follows the plug in 6 to 4. I took off the engine cover and was quite surprised to see the intake manifold design was such that this wouldn't be a prudent project for a 20* day in an unheated shop.

Monday morning I dropped the van at the dealer. Told the staff about the misfire, hard shifting, and paint bubbling. There was also 6 open recalls! They told me that there would be $99 diagnostic fee. I thought that was strange as I should be covered for a misfire via the power train warranty but they assured me they'd wave it if so.

I got a call in to them this morning to find out what was going on. The tech told me they'd swapped the plugs around and confirmed the code followed the plug swap and they were sure it was the plugs. I asked how much...$600 and change. No warranty coverage. I couldn't believe it. I asked how much they were charging for plugs. $110. Another $100 for the diagnostic fee. 2.4 hour book charge at $118, and somehow the rest was shop supplies....

So in order to diagnose the plugs they had to perform this teardown twice....for $100. Tear down the intake once to swap plugs, put it back together to confirm the new code was thrown, then tear it down again to swap the plugs back and then put it back together. You can buy the Mopar plugs from Rock Auto for $15/piece.

I'm not really looking for advice or anything, I guess I'm just really annoyed that the plugs didn't make HALF of their service life and the top end is designed in such a way that requires removing the intake manifold to swap plugs that according to Chrysler spec need to be replaced at 100k miles.

I also wanted to make a thread because I haven't seen any out there referring to this issue yet. I feel this is an EXTRAORDINARY expense for the first 2.5 years of ownership and Chrysler should be making some good will gestures here.
Look the shop is tare to make money if you want freebie you must contact FCA complaint devision and beech very loud to atomized the shop to do it free of charge. BTW any code associated with air pollution must must be free f charge that includes the spark plugs, 75,000 miles do your research on the net.

·
Registered
113 Posts
@ChryslerCares I'm getting a cylinder misfire CEL as well. Do I have any hope of it being covered by the manufacturer? My '17 Pacifica has 56k miles.

Between this seemingly common cylinder misfire issue, and the AC compressor I had to replace at 45k miles, I'm quickly losing faith in the quality of Chrysler vehicles.

I have a 2017 Limited with 57,000 miles should I feel lucky that no problems so far.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Must be a start of a common issue. I have a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica with 73,000 miles. I have a cracked head and it's going to cost $9,300. To top it off they don't even know when they can get the parts in. A have had nothing but issues since I've owned this van which I bought new. Needless to say if Chrysler doesn't somehow help out with the repair it will be my last Chrysler product. You shouldn't have to spend that much on a 4 year old vehicle with 73,000 miles.
I have 2017 Limited with 57,000 mies with no problem I like to know your driving you're doing ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
10,000 miles outside the warranty period is not 'Just outside the mileage warranty". That is almost worth another years driving. The issue did not cause any concern for 70,000 miles. Did you notice any coolant loss over time? Did the techs doing your oil changes note coolant in the old oil?
I have code P0303 # 3 Misfire. I am being told this is very common for these vans. I have a 2018. Is there a recall on this defect to help any of us recoop this cost. Mine is going in the shop now.

·
Administrator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,942 Posts
I have code P0303 # 3 Misfire. I am being told this is very common for these vans. I have a 2018. Is there a recall on this defect to help any of us recoop this cost. Mine is going in the shop now.
No recall yet. Please be sure you report your issue with NHTSA here. Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA The more reports, the sooner Chrysler may be forced to deal with this issue.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts

Greetings you two!

If you are still experiencing continued misfire concerns, know our team would like to step in and assist. Please send us a private message with your mileage if you have yet to, as well as the date of your most recent dealer appointment for our team to review. Looking forward to hearing from each of you shortly.

Hannah
Chrysler Cares

41 - 59 of 59 Posts