2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2017 Pacifica and the radio constantly needs updates and has been replaced twice. Issue is the radio(infotainment) continually stops working the screen freezes and is inoperable. Does anyone else have these issues it is going back to the dealer again tmw. Getting fed up with this issue.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Its not an uncommon problem. My radio has been replaced and other things have been done to try and fix the issue with no success. I've learned to live with it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
We have a 2017 Pacifica and the radio constantly needs updates and has been replaced twice. Issue is the radio(infotainment) continually stops working the screen freezes and is inoperable. Does anyone else have these issues it is going back to the dealer again tmw. Getting fed up with this issue.
We had issues when our 2017 Pacifica Limited (gas) was new as our Radio would "Freeze" so to speak. It actually didn't freeze but rather stopped taking touch screen input. If you were using Navigation for example the map and vehicle designation would continue to move appropriately. When this occurred, stoping the engine and opening the driver's door would effectively get the touch screen to function normally again. After applying the two Uconnect updates released back in the fall of 2017 this issue never recurred.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have issue of Uconnect theater shows black screen in about 50% chance after turn off car and turn back on after short shopping trip. It cures if I keep the car off overnight. Just brought the issue to dealer yesterday. Dealer tried to update software. But the software has been updated last time when I brought issue about half year ago. I also did an ota update in June. The issue decreases to about 30% chance after that ota. The dealer opened a star case and try to request radio replacement. But they told me Chrysler needs the issue being reproduced at dealer. Unfortunately they could not reproduce it after they updated the software yesterday. So they sent me back home and let me track the issue if it happens again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve been round and round with my dealer about the infotainment system in my ‘07 gasser. The ride has been perfect in every way, especially for a first year model, but the radio is possessed by demons or gremlins! I’ve had it in several times for it acting up and all I get is software update mumbo-jumbo and no fix! Someone mentioned the dealer had to see it acting up so a couple weeks ago when going in for an oil change the thing locked up right in the service write-up bay. The service guy saw it and even got in the car to push buttons and try to make the screen respond. No luck for him or me either. The thing still locks up and drives me batty. Reading this forum I too found out Chrysler does indeed swap out defective systems. My dealer (a HUGE operation here near Charlotte) insisted Chrysler will not exchange bad systems when I asked several times after several different system lock-ups.
I’ll call my service rep in the morning to find out what can be done to keep my smiling. Any help in giving me a convincing, effective argument to make this radio right would be HUGELY appreciated.
‘Lil help please someone... anyone!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I’ve been round and round with my dealer about the infotainment system in my ‘07 gasser. The ride has been perfect in every way, especially for a first year model, but the radio is possessed by demons or gremlins! I’ve had it in several times for it acting up and all I get is software update mumbo-jumbo and no fix! Someone mentioned the dealer had to see it acting up so a couple weeks ago when going in for an oil change the thing locked up right in the service write-up bay. The service guy saw it and even got in the car to push buttons and try to make the screen respond. No luck for him or me either. The thing still locks up and drives me batty. Reading this forum I too found out Chrysler does indeed swap out defective systems. My dealer (a HUGE operation here near Charlotte) insisted Chrysler will not exchange bad systems when I asked several times after several different system lock-ups.
I’ll call my service rep in the morning to find out what can be done to keep my smiling. Any help in giving me a convincing, effective argument to make this radio right would be HUGELY appreciated.
‘Lil help please someone... anyone!
Try to private message @ChryslerCares to see if they can assist you. (I assume you meant '17 Pacifica not '07.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine suffers the "non-responding" button/screen issues occasionally... usually a key cycle fixes, but if on the road, I just press and hold the tune knob, then press the volume knob and hold all for for a few seconds. The unit will reset and work normally for months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
8 Participants
RadarmagneT
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing