2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Even though we have had issues with our aux battery and some electrical problems stemming from it, I love our van. However, my husband wants to trade it in for a hybrid version of the same year. While I definitely want to go that route eventually, the one he has his eyes on has almost double the mileage we have (98,595 vs 54,500). In everyone's experience, is it worth it or should we do my plan: keep the gas version and trade it in a few more years?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,163 Posts
Depending on where you live,there would only be about 1500 mile left on the warranty on the hybrid battery and controls. I too would love to move up to a hybrid, but that sounds a little risky to me. Hybrid owners might have better insights for you.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Depending on where you live,there would only be about 1500 mile left on the warranty on the hybrid battery and controls. I too would love to move up to a hybrid, but that sounds a little risky to me. Hybrid owners might have better insights for you.
There is no way I would consider what they are wanting to do.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,163 Posts
Is this based on the mileage or something else?
Obviously, everyone has their own risk tolerance for purchasing a used vehicle. Especially one with very high mileage. At that mileage, pretty much any and all repairs are going to be on your dime. Depending on the service record of the vehicle you are thinking of, you may be due for some very expensive maintenance items. If the hybrid battery gets any issues after 100K miles, or 150K, depending on where you live, you could be on the hook for $10,000. Much more risk than I am willing to take.

The purchase price of the vehicle will also come into play. How much is being asked for this unit?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Obviously, everyone has their own risk tolerance for purchasing a used vehicle. Especially one with very high mileage. At that mileage, pretty much any and all repairs are going to be on your dime. Depending on the service record of the vehicle you are thinking of, you may be due for some very expensive maintenance items. If the hybrid battery gets any issues after 100K miles, or 150K, depending on where you live, you could be on the hook for $10,000. Much more risk than I am willing to take.

The purchase price of the vehicle will also come into play. How much is being asked for this unit?
Those were all my thoughts, too, but wanted to ask everyone else since my husband was so set on it. They are asking about $25k. In the end, he had me test drive it and I told him there was still nothing jumping out at me that would make me want to trade in our van for a more expensive model of the same year with 45k more miles on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts