2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try this: Ver1 and Ver2
How to get rid of the heavy jolts and sluggish shifting

version 1
1) turn the start switch to on, but do not start the car. All trouble lights are on and the fans in the heating and cooling systems are on if that was the position they were left in.
2) push the gas pedal right to the floor and hold it there for 10-20 seconds.
3) turn the start switch to off with your foot still on the gas pedal.
4) release the gas pedal, but do not put your foot on the brake pedal
5) wait for 2 minutes before starting your car. Apparently the electronics are being reset

Do the procedure twice, it seems to work better

Go for a drive with moderate acceleration so that it shifts through most of the gears. It should feel like a new tranny.
I find I need to do this every 1000 kms

Version 2

Same as version 1 but instead of putting ignition to START and then pushing the accelerator to the floor, push the accelerator to the floor and then turn the ignition to start then hold there for 10 to 20 secs.

This version seems to work better for my van and I only need to do it once per reset, which I do every 1000 kms.

If it wasn’t for this reset working for my van I think I would have traded it long ago. That clunking was really upsetting to say the least.
I now have 82000 kms on the clock. I have been doing this reset for almost 50000 kms
Its a bit of an inconvenience but it allows me to love this van.
Good luck
Merry Christmas
Don't forget step 6) Hop around the car clockwise but only on one foot. Barking like a seal will also give you another 10 HP if done correctly. :) JKJK....Thanks for this tip P0201. Does this really work. Would love to hear others experience on this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I took my van in a few months ago for the 5th time, complaining of the hard clunck/jolting of the transmission at low speeds. I don't know what they did this time (nothing mechanical, despite having it for a week) but it worked, for the most part. I do notice a slight slipping occasionally, but Im hoping I can just go back and have them redo whatever they did before (relearning again?).

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Don't forget step 6) Hop around the car clockwise but only on one foot. Barking like a seal will also give you another 10 HP if done correctly. :) JKJK....Thanks for this tip P0201. Does this really work? Would love to hear others experience on this.
There are a few transmission threads I've read. The procedure (post #80) has worked for some vans but not all. I have been able to get the dealer to clear transmission adaptations twice. More recently the clutch pack timing was set to a higher number so maybe Chrysler is getting closer to a real fix on this issue. It is too soon to tell if the latest fix will last longer than the previous ones but as long as an attempt is tried I will take it back every 10,000-15,000 miles to keep it shifting smoothly. (I have a lifetime warranty for the van). My dealer's service department has been willing to try fixes, some service departments won't try anything if they can't reproduce the problem.
Some vans may not have had this issue.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts