2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Pacifica windshield started to crack from the bottom, below the wiper blades 2 weeks ago. It was about 6 inches. Then the next day it went up about 6 more. Then took a horizontal turn went several more inches then took 2 vertical tracks about a foot in both places. I can't see that it was ever hit by a stone, rock etc. but after the first 6 inches, it looks like an elongated teardrop shape that chips came out of. The dealer won't touch it (under 3 yrs and 30,000 mi) and Safelite says it will be around $1000. (that's my comp deductible with USAA)

Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
windshield replacement

Just checked my USAA policy and it says that "In cases where the repair proves unsuccessful and the window glass must be replaced, the full amount of the deductible, if any, must be paid." It couldn't be repaired so I'm screwed. This must be a new rule as my son has USAA as does a friend and they both had windshields replaced for nothing.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just checked my USAA policy and it says that "In cases where the repair proves unsuccessful and the window glass must be replaced, the full amount of the deductible, if any, must be paid." It couldn't be repaired so I'm screwed. This must be a new rule as my son has USAA as does a friend and they both had windshields replaced for nothing.
They live in the same state as you?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Call your agent they advertise that they cover windshield replacement.

<

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2017 Pacifica windshield started to crack from the bottom, below the wiper blades 2 weeks ago. It was about 6 inches. Then the next day it went up about 6 more. Then took a horizontal turn went several more inches then took 2 vertical tracks about a foot in both places. I can't see that it was ever hit by a stone, rock etc. but after the first 6 inches, it looks like an elongated teardrop shape that chips came out of. The dealer won't touch it (under 3 yrs and 30,000 mi) and Safelite says it will be around $1000. (that's my comp deductible with USAA)

Anyone else have this happen?
If you drive long enough, you will have windshield cracks. I've had about 5. It may be too late for you, but you can prevent the crack growing from the vibrations of driving if you act fast. I bought a kit from Walmart and followed the directions when a chip had a crack only about 1 inch long. I was able to "seal" it and two years later it still is the same length. It isn't good if in your line of sight but if out of the way you can save the expense now until you have more chips and cracks that make replacement inevitable!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
northee
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing