2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

2017 shifts with violent jerk/clank often

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  cjlech 
#1 ·
Dealership says it's a safety feature. Bought this new, just started, so obviously new problem. I've read other people having same issue. Has anyone found a solution? It's almost like a slight slip, then lurches forward with a loud clank.

#2 ·
That's not right. If your dealer's service writer really told you that, you need to talk to someone else.

#3 ·
It isn't a safety feature.
It might be a transmission issue. Check threads on forum. I don't know if anyone has found a permanent solution.
More info about your van would be helpful. Build date (on driver's door)? How many miles do you have?
So far the fixes for a 15 mph jolt on my van last about 10,000 miles. With 54,000 miles on my van, I will be seeing about a fix again since the problem is returning.

#8 ·
I had this same problem. Had it to the shop at least four times complaining about it, but only on the last visit did they try "reprogramming" the transmission (their words) which seemed to work. 20,000 miles later I'm starting to get hints that it's returning. I guess it's time for a trip back to the dealer.

#9 ·
This problem and other shift issues have never been completely resolved on our 2017 purchased new 9/2016! Less frequent but not gone. Have given up!

#10 ·
#11 ·
How many years does it take to find a solution? One gets tired of going to the shop or being without a vehicle!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.