2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2017 Pac. I signed up for the UConnect trial. After 3 phone calls of trouble-shooting, I was funally told that all the 3rd party apps have been discontinued, except for Yelp.

3G is a freaking joke in this day and age, and I can't use any apps (really wanted Pandora).

And no Carplay. What's the point of having this service?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just bought a 2017 Pac. I signed up for the UConnect trial. After 3 phone calls of trouble-shooting, I was funally told that all the 3rd party apps have been discontinued, except for Yelp.

3G is a freaking joke in this day and age, and I can't use any apps (really wanted Pandora).

I’ve never used the UConnect. I am so ancient that I do use an iPod in my 17

·
Registered
2,169 Posts

Tell me one car where you can use the 3G like in a cellphone. As far as I know most cars (including luxury ones) haven’t figured out how to offer a fast 3G connection.
The only use of the Uconnect trial (for me) was the remote send to go navigation feature which I thought was cool. I used it all the time throughout my entire one year trial.
Afterwards I didn’t renew it (would never do it) as I believe these services should come free with the car (like Tesla).
With regards to Apple CarPlay from what I know there is no way to upgrade the software of 2017 model to include that. Your options are either trade the car for a 18 or newer or retrofit a newer head unit to your car. That process is a bit too involved but a few people have managed to install it successfully (including a moderator of this site- if I’m not mistaken).

·
Super Moderator
659 Posts
Tell me one car where you can use the 3G like in a cellphone. As far as I know most cars (including luxury ones) haven’t figured out how to offer a fast 3G connection.
The only use of the Uconnect trial (for me) was the remote send to go navigation feature which I thought was cool. I used it all the time throughout my entire one year trial.
Afterwards I didn’t renew it (would never do it) as I believe these services should come free with the car (like Tesla).
With regards to Apple CarPlay from what I know there is no way to upgrade the software of 2017 model to include that. Your options are either trade the car for a 18 or newer or retrofit a newer head unit to your car. That process is a bit too involved but a few people have managed to install it successfully (including a moderator of this site- if I’m not mistaken).

Here's the link.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/401-electronics/41209-installing-uav-uconnect-2018-pacifica-into-2017-model-year.html

·
Registered
227 Posts

Can’t you just use pandora through your phone? Mine syncs up with the infotainment and let’s me skip tracks as if it were my music playlist. It’s not full functionality, but it does the trick for me anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The 2017 uses an older radio computer so it won’t run the newer (v5 I think) software which includes car play. So sorry. You need a 2018 or newer for a much better experience. That’s why I traded my 2017 for a 2019.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts