2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thank you so much for this update on the map update. I purchased a new 2020 in January 2021. A 4 year old street is missing from the map that has a 2019 date on it. I was thinking of buying this, but I’ll just use my phone.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Thank you so much for this update on the map update. I purchased a new 2020 in January 2021. A 4 year old street is missing from the map that has a 2019 date on it. I was thinking of buying this, but I’ll just use my phone.
Is your "current map database" version the same as in the picture I uploaded after my upgrade?

Reactions: Lily

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have had several dealer software updates and have been through the full power down isolator post recall. Later today after the software and map update I have now gotten this alert. I had 67% oil life before these updates. This had better not be the beginning of software bug problems as my hybrid has been flawless since the previous updates.

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
🤯😳

@ChryslerCares what's going on with this map update?

I purchased the map update 1/29/21 and am still waiting for it to be shipped because HERE said that chrysler was holding the release of the map update pending an OTA uConnect update. For the early buyers they asked for the VIN so early purchasers could be prioritized. I provided my VIN as requested and have yet to receive this OTA update and the map update has been held back by HERE. A shipping label was created so i have to assume its packaged and ready to ship as soon as chrysler tells them they can.

Furthermore I can understand and would be as, if not more, frustrated as @ThisSuckersElectrical because its titled as "2020 North American Map Update for Uconnect® 4C NAV w/ 8.4" touch-screen (v2): For U.S. Only"

Got my map update today (03/13/2021) and feel scammed. :mad:

The software update went well. Upgraded the Uconnect software from the provided USB flash drive from software version 19.26.1e/application version MR-28.4.0 to software version 20.40.27/application version QR-39.2.0

Updating the map is a ridiculous process. After updating the Uconnect software, you insert the map update USB flash drive. Then get an activation request code. Go online http://navigation.com/vp4activate and enter the product serial number from inside the map case and your email. Then you enter your product activation request code, VIN, and software number. Then it gives you the activation code. Go back to the vehicle and start it. Insert the map update USB flash drive again. Enter the activation code and allow it to update.

This map update should not be a freaking circus to start the update! This process for both updates from start to finish took about an hour and twenty minutes.

Now to the scammed part. For almost 2 years I had been running with a map from 2017. Checking the map version after the update it states it is from 2019 Q2! WTF? This is 2021 The most current map they advertised and I bought was supposed to be 2020 and I get an update from 2019 Quarter2? Next month this map update will be two years out of date!

View attachment 45787

This is the direct number for this company. 866-422-8182 I tried calling to complain but of course, their offices are closed being this is Saturday.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
🤯😳

@ChryslerCares what's going on with this map update?

I purchased the map update 1/29/21 and am still waiting for it to be shipped because HERE said that chrysler was holding the release of the map update pending an OTA uConnect update. For the early buyers they asked for the VIN so early purchasers could be prioritized. I provided my VIN as requested and have yet to receive this OTA update and the map update has been held back by HERE. A shipping label was created so i have to assume its packaged and ready to ship as soon as chrysler tells them they can.

Furthermore I can understand and would be as, if not more, frustrated as @ThisSuckersElectrical because its titled as "2020 North American Map Update for Uconnect® 4C NAV w/ 8.4" touch-screen (v2): For U.S. Only"
This is what they shipped me. Chrylser made the right move with the new Uconnect system going with TomTom getting away from this ridiculous company Here. Formerly known as the lame Navtec company. They have been through 7 name changes to get to Here. It is very clear why they keep changing the name. They suck!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I'm glad I cancelled my order. They initially promised shipment before my planned trip to Florida in late February. When I found out they couldn't ship before the trip, I called to cancel. They tried to say it was too late to cancel even though it hadn't shipped, but finally agreed to do so. Seems like a flakey operation.

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
yeah, it's quite disappointing, it's too bad they won't come out with a software update to convert it over to tom tom which i'm sure they could but it would be cost prohibitive.

Side bar - this is also why i keep a paperback US Atlas in the van. i'm only 35 but I still know how to use one 🙃 i think you ask anyone any younger and they probably wouldn't even know what an atlas is. 😆 a while back they were on like a super sale because nobody was traveling but i bet you can still get them at a bargain.

I'm glad I cancelled my order. They initially promised shipment before my planned trip to Florida in late February. When I found out they couldn't ship before the trip, I called to cancel. They tried to say it was too late to cancel even though it hadn't shipped, but finally agreed to do so. Seems like a flakey operation.

Reactions: SciTchr

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Another thing I noticed, with this software update and map update they DID NOT update the nav icons. The same red and blue arrows, orange/yellow hexagon, and still a Chrylser 300. No Pacifica replacing the 300. :mad: Would be nice to use a vehicle icon but looks rather stupid when it is not what you are driving. I will still continue to use the blue arrow. :mad:

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,448 Posts
Another thing I noticed, with this software update and map update they DID NOT update the nav icons. The same red and blue arrows, orange/yellow hexagon, and still a Chrylser 300. No Pacifica replacing the 300. :mad: Would be nice to use a vehicle icon but looks rather stupid when it is not what you are driving. I will still continue to use the blue arrow. :mad:
How odd that there isn't a Pacifica icon on your update since my older nav has one. Maybe they thought the new system would be more universal but didn't take the 300 off. My nav has a few choices, but I leave it on the van icon.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Just got off the phone with Here, after a long hold to my question about my map version I just updated, they confirmed with the Chrysler rep this is in fact map data pulled from 2019 and packaged by Chrysler as 2020 because they created the map update software in 2020. Must be cheaper to use old data to make a bigger profit and lie to the consumer.

I told them this is ridiculous that I bought a map that is going to be two years out of date next month and the representative at Here said Chrysler is the one the pulls the data and creates the updates for their navigation systems. They only provide the map data.

Called Chrysler and they stated they have nothing to do with the map updates. So both companies are pointing fingers at each other.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
How odd that there isn't a Pacifica icon on your update since my older nav has one. Maybe they thought the new system would be more universal but didn't take the 300 off. My nav has a few choices, but I leave it on the van icon.
For an MSRP of 50G vehicle, I should not have a Chrysler 300 icon for the vehicle navigation.

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
@ChryslerCares whats going on with this update. Placed my preorder on 1/29 then had an expected ship date of 2/23 and now it's just sitting there... trying to be cordial about this but it's very disappointing to say the least.

😕

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
@ChryslerCares - since you're back on the forums can you give any insight on all these issues discussed on this thread?

Reactions: freddief73

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Hello everyone--

Please know that we hear your concerns and are consistently monitoring these forums so that your concerns can be relayed back to the appropriate teams. I'm sorry to hear about the experiences you're having lately. However, our teams are aware and are working diligently to get the new FOTA (IR22.64) released, with expectations of mid-Q2. Please keep in mind that this release date is subject to change at any time.

I kindly recommend following up with HERE for additional assistance regarding your orders.

Thanks,

Courtney
Chrysler Cares

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Hello everyone--

Please know that we hear your concerns and are consistently monitoring these forums so that your concerns can be relayed back to the appropriate teams. I'm sorry to hear about the experiences you're having lately. However, our teams are aware and are working diligently to get the new FOTA (IR22.64) released, with expectations of mid-Q2. Please keep in mind that this release date is subject to change at any time.

I kindly recommend following up with HERE for additional assistance regarding your orders.

Thanks,

Courtney
Chrysler Cares
HERE has the map updates packaged and ready to ship to me, i even have tracking information, they are waiting for chrysler to give them the go ahead to send it from what I understand and that is all because chrysler needs to push the OTA update before the map update can be installed. Contacting HERE isn't really applicable in this case, just because HERE has been contracted for the map software if you refer the photo in earlier post on this thread you will not see any HERE labels, it's all MOPAR brands and trademarks. I can also refer back to my receipt from purchasing the map update that I purchased it from chrysler - not HERE.

What I'd like to know is why chrysler selling a map update from 2019Q2 marketed as a 2020 map update? mid-Q2 will put the map update at 2 years out of date. Just stating the facts known to us as it is right now. In fact one of the members mentioned it's 2019 data because they started the software update in 2020. Like does chrysler have only one guy working part time on it? Paid allot of cheddar for this Pacifica and a pretty penny for the update and for the first time chrysler has personally let me down as well as other members. Truly disappointing.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
HERE has the map updates packaged and ready to ship to me, i even have tracking information, they are waiting for chrysler to give them the go ahead to send it from what I understand and that is all because chrysler needs to push the OTA update before the map update can be installed. Contacting HERE isn't really applicable in this case, just because HERE has been contracted for the map software if you refer the photo in earlier post on this thread you will not see any HERE labels, it's all MOPAR brands and trademarks. I can also refer back to my receipt from purchasing the map update that I purchased it from chrysler - not HERE.

What I'd like to know is why chrysler selling a map update from 2019Q2 marketed as a 2020 map update? mid-Q2 will put the map update at 2 years out of date. Just stating the facts known to us as it is right now. In fact one of the members mentioned it's 2019 data because they started the software update in 2020. Like does chrysler have only one guy working part time on it? Paid allot of cheddar for this Pacifica and a pretty penny for the update and for the first time chrysler has personally let me down as well as other members. Truly disappointing.
Spot on. They should NOT be selling an old map at this point. I called HERE and cancelled my order. They tried to tell me it was too late. Be firm. They will cancel.

Reactions: freddief73

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
🤬:mad:🤬:mad:🤬:mad:🤬:mad:🤬:mad::mad::mad::mad:🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

GRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY CHRYSLER and HERE, I have had ZERO (0) problems with my vehicle's navigation and Wifi when it was on software version 19.26.1e/application version MR-28.4.0. The only issue was my map was from 2017.

Software version 20.40.27/application version QR-39.2.0 is buggy and total crap, but another word comes to mind.

OK, took a 1.5-hour trip today. First time using the new map and software updates. Made it to the destination via Uconnect navigation. Set another waypoint 5 miles away. After arriving the navigation screen went black and the WiFi disconnected ALL devices at the same time. Turn the vehicle off opened the driver's door and waited several minutes three times. NO navigation NO WiFi.

The first-time the navigation button would load into a black screen. The second two times do nothing at all except beep when I would touch it. But the compass on the button would show what direction I was traveling. LOL, Might be useful if I was out at sea. WiFi was broadcasting the SSID but all devices would say unable to connect. Turning off the WiFi in Uconnect did not turn it off. Even though it showed it was off, all devices could still see it broadcasting.

Did not want to screw with fuse 76 on the road and have not heat and air or other controls as it takes some time for all the modules to resync.

Got back home let it sit for an hour and still the same. Pulled fuse 76 let it sit for 5 minutes. Reinstalled fuse 76 and started the vehicle. devices began connecting to the WiFi instantly and the navigation was working again.

Then after shutting down I plugged in the L2 charger and the driver sliding door opened????? I have never had a sliding door randomly open on its own!

This is NOT a hardware issue.

This is NOT acceptable to send out buggy crap software. I should not have to be pulling a fuse to be able to use products and features I paid a premium for along with monthly fees. Get an OTAU and fix this ASAP.

@ChryslerCares, don't send me a generic message to schedule an appointment with my dealer. This IS a SOFTWARE problem NOT a dealer problem. Oh yeah, not happy about the 2019 Q2 two-year-old map I just bought and upgraded that was marketed as a 2020 map and released in March Q1 of 2021.

FIX THE SOFTWARE!

-End-of-Line-

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
🤬:mad:🤬:mad:🤬:mad:🤬:mad:🤬:mad::mad::mad::mad:🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

GRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY CHRYSLER and HERE, I have had ZERO (0) problems with my vehicle's navigation and Wifi when it was on 19.26.1e/application version MR-28.4.0. The only issue was my map was from 2017.

Software version 20.40.27/application version QR-39.2.0 is buggy and total crap, but another word comes to mind.

OK, took a 1.5-hour trip today. First time using the new map and software updates. Made it to the destination via Uconnect navigation. Set another waypoint 5 miles away. After arriving the navigation screen went black and the WiFi disconnected ALL devices at the same time. Turn the vehicle off opened the driver's door and waited several minutes three times. NO navigation NO WiFi.

The first-time the navigation button would load into a black screen. The second two times do nothing at all except beep when I would touch it. But the compass on the button would show what direction I was traveling. LOL, Might be useful if I was out at sea. WiFi was broadcasting the SSID but all devices would say unable to connect. Turning off the WiFi in Uconnect did not turn it off. Even though it showed it was off, all devices could still see it broadcasting.

Did not want to screw with fuse 76 on the road and have not heat and air or other controls as it takes some time for all the modules to resync.

Got back home let it sit for an hour and still the same. Pulled fuse 76 let it sit for 5 minutes. Reinstalled fuse 76 and started the vehicle. devices began connecting to the WiFi instantly and the navigation was working again.

Then after shutting down I plugged in the L2 charger and the driver sliding door opened????? I have never had a sliding door randomly open on its own.

This is NOT a hardware issue.

This is NOT acceptable to send out buggy crap software. I should not have to be pulling a fuse to be able to use products and features I paid a premium for along with monthly fees. Get an OTAU and fix this ASAP.

@ChryslerCares, don't send me a generic message to schedule an appointment with my dealer. This IS a SOFTWARE problem NOT a dealer problem. Oh yeah, not happy about the two-year-old map I just bought and upgraded that was marketed as a 2020 map and released in March of 2021.

FIX THE SOFTWARE!

-End-of-Line-
did the uconnect update come OTA and updated on its own or did it come with map update - i'm still waiting for my uconnect ota update and the map update

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Okay, everybody - i got more detailed information, i need a minute to get the right words or even make a visual aid 🙃 - keep an eye out i'll try to have it up later this afternoon

41 - 60 of 88 Posts