2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well this is just crazy. It's been like 4 months since I preordered this and over 3 months since it was supposed to be released, and nothing! I've heard nothing about an OTA update. I keep checking the Chrysler site for software updates and keep getting: "Your vehicle is up to date." The impression I have is that Chrysler has punted on having navigation map updates for their rather expensive navigation system.

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
UPDATE

So I called into HERE Technologies and spoke with my contact there. They said the orders that have been pending due to the OTA update have ALL been cancelled. Chrysler cancelled all orders that were pending because the OTA update has been further delayed with no real known release date. Don't waste your time looking for a refund because technically they never charged for the update, they only pre-authorized the charge and charged for the update when it shipped out.

So those who have gotten the update already are good to go but for the rest of us waiting on the OTA update don't count on anything anytime soon. This is a Chrysler problem not a HERE Technology problem. HERE Technology have their portion done and ready to go waiting on Chrysler to push this update.

At this point for the money the update costs I think I might just get a standalone TOMTOM with lifetime updates. I can brush off the tiny issues here and there because thats just the nature of any complex mass produced product but this is absolutely ridiculous. Even @ChryslerCares stopped responding on this issue. I hate being negative about this because I have family members that work there currently as well as retired from Chrysler. I could maybe understand if it was due to hardware/PCBs availability like the rest of the manufactures are struggling with but this is just a matter of coding software.

Maybe @ChryslerCares can chime in and give a little more insight on the challange they are facing, their solution, and an estimated release date.

Reactions: freddief73

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
At this point, I am convinced Chrysler's vehicle software development division flat out sucks. I have to take my 2021 Pinnacle in tomorrow to get the three updates to fix the no-start problems. Have their vehicles left me stranded and broke down? Nope. Are they plagued with software bugs and poor support? Yeah.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Good afternoon everyone,

We hear your concerns and want to provide you with the most up to date information that we have. As of right now, I can assure you that the timing for the new FOTA is still on track to be released at the end of Q2. We kindly recommend keeping an eye out for communication from our teams as you should be receiving a notification soon.

We appreciate your patience as we work towards a more seamless platform!

Thanks,

Courtney
Chrysler Cares

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Good afternoon everyone,

We hear your concerns and want to provide you with the most up to date information that we have. As of right now, I can assure you that the timing for the new FOTA is still on track to be released at the end of Q2. We kindly recommend keeping an eye out for communication from our teams as you should be receiving a notification soon.

We appreciate your patience as we work towards a more seamless platform!

Thanks,

Courtney
Chrysler Cares
I can't help myself, but all the #ChryslerCares responses, sound like adult voices from various Charlie Brown cartoons.

Reactions: Lily and capnMyCapn

·
Registered
23 Posts
I get the feeling that I'll be waiting for an eternity for an update. My 2018 is an IR model that hasn't received an OTA for some time. Looksa like the application version is 22.5, software version is 18.33.24. I'll be surprised if my van ever gets another update. Chrysler has failed tremendously on OTA updates and map updates for the Pacifica. My 2018's maps I believe are from 2016, so they were out of date at the time of purchase.

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I get the feeling that I'll be waiting for an eternity for an update. My 2018 is an IR model that hasn't received an OTA for some time. Looksa like the application version is 22.5, software version is 18.33.24. I'll be surprised if my van ever gets another update. Chrysler has failed tremendously on OTA updates and map updates for the Pacifica. My 2018's maps I believe are from 2016, so they were out of date at the time of purchase.
that is exactly the case, supposedly we'll get the update at months end.... wouldn't hold your breath tho

·
Registered
23 Posts
that is exactly the case, supposedly we'll get the update at months end.... wouldn't hold your breath tho
I'm with you. Promises, promises. I'll believe it when I see it.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts