2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had no issues, well no major ones until today. Once the battery is depleted and it transfers over to ICE I notice a major lag. Before it was seamless unless you saw the gauges change on the dash. This week I've had the check engine light come on and off a couple of times. Today I'm driving an hour away and kept noticing each time the engine kicked in I would almost tilt forward from the lag from the engine. Applying more throttle really didn't result in much speed. It is almost like the engine is being muted.

I stopped at the dealer and got the codes pulled. Several showed up and I've added the picture showing them. Right after I pulled out the check engine light came on and they hooked it back up. The only difference was one code that was listed as Stored now showed Pending. I've also noticed the oil pressure seems to go down as I give the engine more throttle. So at 75% power I'm in the 30's. It starts off at 70 plus then goes down. If anyone knows anything please let me know.

HVAC U042200 IMPLAUSABLE DATA RECEIVED
BCM P100900 HUMIDITY SENSOR MODULE
RADIO B156F00 WIFI ANTENNA
HCP POA4300 DRIVE MOTOR A POSITION
DSM B156F00 LOW VOLTAGE DIFFERENTIAL
VRM B15AE00 LOST VOLTAGE PORT2
VRM B15AE00 LOST LOW VOLTAGE
VRM B15AA00 LOST LOW VOLTAGE
VRM B15AD00 LOST PORT 1

·
Registered
201 Posts
Have you checked 12V battery voltage. This may affect operation of comm circuits all over the place which could explain the diversity of components with codes. Charging voltage shows up in vehicle info on center display and can be monitored while driving. It should be around 14-14.4 volts while vehicle is running.

The only code which seems directly relevant to power is the motor A position sensor which is indicated as stored so not active when it was read. As I understand it, that sensor is critical to timing the stator coil excitation to rotor position so it has lots to do with motor A power output. Motor A is the one which is coupled indirectly. Motor B is the one coupled through the differential to the axles and is, I think, primary drive when running in battery only mode. Motor A comes into play when starting the ICE and directing power from the ICE to the axles. Motor A might be acting up only while ICE is running so it may also be intermittent failure tied to ICE vibration or low DC voltage caused by greater current draw from ICE controls(spark plugs, fuel pump, etc.) while it is running. Monitor the DC voltage when the ICE starts up and you may see a dip which is causing the problem. Modules really drop out when it is down to 10.6V. Below 12.5 is, I think, suspect.

You may want to get Chrysler Cares involved (on this forum) via PM with VIN and other info. If the dealer didn't key in on the importance of the motor A position sensor and do more extensive testing they may be inexperienced and need to get the technical folks at FCA involved. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the information. I should have mentioned that I pulled up the info screen and the voltage was at 14.4 but I will have to watch it as it goes from battery to ICE to see if it drops. One issue that worries me is the oil pressure. Moments before the ICE kicks in the pressure goes into the 70's then it drops to around 30. As I give it more throttle to the point I'm at 75% the oil pressure stays the same. Example: pulling up a grade the battery drops out and the engine takes over, oil pressure goes from 0 to 70 in a sec then because of the lack of power throttle is increased and oil pressure drops to 30. I would expect oil pressure to rise with RPM's.

Thanks for the advice with Chrysler Cares. I have an appt Wednesday was their first opening and it didn't appear to present a problem to them if I kept driving it until then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been watching the voltage and it goes from 14.5 to 14.4 when the engine kicked in the it immediately goes back up so I don't think that's out of range.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thank you for the information. I should have mentioned that I pulled up the info screen and the voltage was at 14.4 but I will have to watch it as it goes from battery to ICE to see if it drops. One issue that worries me is the oil pressure. Moments before the ICE kicks in the pressure goes into the 70's then it drops to around 30. As I give it more throttle to the point I'm at 75% the oil pressure stays the same. Example: pulling up a grade the battery drops out and the engine takes over, oil pressure goes from 0 to 70 in a sec then because of the lack of power throttle is increased and oil pressure drops to 30. I would expect oil pressure to rise with RPM's.

Thanks for the advice with Chrysler Cares. I have an appt Wednesday was their first opening and it didn't appear to present a problem to them if I kept driving it until then.
I looked at my service manual regarding the oil pump and it's behaving like it is supposed to if the engine RPM is dropping below 3000-4000 after initial start. It's chain driven off the crankshaft but is an electrically controlled variable displacement pump which delivers around 29 psi at low mode and 65 psi at high pressure mode. A separate mechanical relief valve limits pressure to 145 psi if the normal controls malfunction. Under 6 psi pressure may result in damage to the engine so it would be appropriate to worry if you're seeing it go under 10-15 psi. You're seeing pressure because the engine has successfully started. It seems normal it would drop to a lower RPM right after start and then increase when you press on the gas but it's hard to tell what RPM actually is in my experience. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I've been watching the voltage and it goes from 14.5 to 14.4 when the engine kicked in the it immediately goes back up so I don't think that's out of range.
The voltage drop may be too short for the voltmeter to react or it can affect only apart of the electrical system. Bad grounding will also cause similar problems.
Or it can be something else entirely. The Internet wisdom goes only so far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the advice. She goes into the dealer tomorrow. They are also getting hot with all the noisy doors, steering rack rattle and several other little issues they never seem to find. I will keep you updated on what they say.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts