2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my van new . It had a dead battery I thought from being on the lot a long time. I have had it 4 years now. Just had to put my third new battery in it. Replaced the aux battery once. First battery Chrysler, second was DieHard platinum AGM, now put in an interstate battery. Diehard failed after 20 months. 62,000 miles on the van.
Had the radio replaced, put in an auto stop start ,. The battery will just completely die and leave my stranded. Any ideas? I think the factory battery is unable to met the electrical demands of the vehicle

·
Registered
618 Posts
Our 2017 with 46k miles has the original battery and is now on the third aux battery. We have nearly every feature that was available but the main battery still tests very good. We might replace it before next winter just because we don’t want any inconvenience when it would fail. I guess my thought is that your Pacifica has something going on beyond the main battery life.

Reactions: revo

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Bought my van new . It had a dead battery I thought from being on the lot a long time. I have had it 4 years now. Just had to put my third new battery in it. Replaced the aux battery once. First battery Chrysler, second was DieHard platinum AGM, now put in an interstate battery. Diehard failed after 20 months. 62,000 miles on the van.
Had the radio replaced, put in an auto stop start ,. The battery will just completely die and leave my stranded. Any ideas? I think the factory battery is unable to met the electrical demands of the vehicle
Have you had both batteries tested independently?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you had both batteries tested independently?
Yes both batteries had dead cells and wouldn't charge properly.
Thought it was a parasitic drain from stereo but had it replaced 2 years ago.
Before radio change it would occasionally go dead and recharged ok then battery would die later.... Now the battery just dies..... but the very odd thing is now when the battery starts to act up.l get a start stop malfunction light and the check engine light comes on with a fifth cylinder misfire...and you can feel the rough idle.. had the cylinder coil and plug changed by dealer 4 months ago...... new battery drives fine no warning lights

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our 2017 with 46k miles has the original battery and is now on the third aux battery. We have nearly every feature that was available but the main battery still tests very good. We might replace it before next winter just because we don’t want any inconvenience when it would fail. I guess my thought is that your Pacifica has something going on beyond the main battery life.
Probably need to buy an aux battery too. Yeah I use tge auto doors and hatch and stereo alot

·
Registered
222 Posts
When you get a new AUX battery make sure it hasn't been sitting for more than 6 months. Check the manufacture date. Go to costco and buy it. No questions asked if it dies and they will replace it up to 5yrs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you get a new AUX battery make sure it hasn't been sitting for more than 6 months. Check the manufacture date. Go to costco and buy it. No questions asked if it dies and they will replace it up to 5yrs.
I am ocd and always pick the newest battery. My diehard battery that died Was manufactured 10/20
I am ocd and always pick the newest battery. My diehard battery that died Was manufactured 10/20 and was 2 months old....

It is funny you mention Costco because I broke down at Costco And bought an interstate battery and a tool kit and switch the battery out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts