2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sliding door on the drivers side will periodically open back up right after closing. I have to close it two to three times before it will close for good. This happens a few times each week. Yesterday the sliding door on the passengers side wouldn’t open. I can’t even manually open it. I can open it with my key fob or by using the overhead sliding door opener. Once it’s open then I can use the button next to the sliding door to close it. So it seems to be an issue with the sensor on the outside door handle. Has anyone else had this problem? We’ve had the car for three years. It’s a hybrid. Also just found out we need our HVAC door actuator repaired. We’d had this clicking noise in our car for the longest time not realizing that was the issue.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The sliding door on the drivers side will periodically open back up right after closing. I have to close it two to three times before it will close for good. This happens a few times each week. Yesterday the sliding door on the passengers side wouldn’t open. I can’t even manually open it. I can open it with my key fob or by using the overhead sliding door opener. Once it’s open then I can use the button next to the sliding door to close it. So it seems to be an issue with the sensor on the outside door handle. Has anyone else had this problem? We’ve had the car for three years. It’s a hybrid. Also just found out we need our HVAC door actuator repaired. We’d had this clicking noise in our car for the longest time not realizing that was the issue.
I has same problem for years I have a 2017 limited I was washing it and was spraying the hidden sliding track under the side window on the door and lots dirt came out I haven't have any problem since than about the passenger door only opening with the fab work the child safety switch at the middle end of the doors. Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the same experience with that. My issue with the sliding door opening back up was due to the sliding door module needed to be updated. Once it was updated, I stopped experience issue with the sliding door reopening. I believe it was TSB-08-008-20. 08-008-20 Chrysler Technical Service Bulletin. With regards to to the door not opening, I had similar issue and still do but was unable to show the dealer. My issue with the door not opening was due to the door actuator failing. When it fails/stops, the door will sometimes not open from the outside and I would have to flip the lock a few times to get it to semimove. There's a forum regarding the door actuator. And the hvac door actuator, I assume, you're referring to is the hvac blender door that repeatedly makes noise after the car is shut down.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
971 Posts
Also check the middle button on the overhead console in between the door buttons. That button prevents the kiddos from opening the the rear doors

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I’ll try that. Thank you.
I had the same experience with that. My issue with the sliding door opening back up was due to the sliding door module needed to be updated. Once it was updated, I stopped experience issue with the sliding door reopening. I believe it was TSB-08-008-20. 08-008-20 Chrysler Technical Service Bulletin. With regards to to the door not opening, I had similar issue and still do but was unable to show the dealer. My issue with the door not opening was due to the door actuator failing. When it fails/stops, the door will sometimes not open from the outside and I would have to flip the lock a few times to get it to semimove. There's a forum regarding the door actuator. And the hvac door actuator, I assume, you're referring to is the hvac blender door that repeatedly makes noise after the car is shut down.
Yes you’re right about the hvac door actuator. Is this a known issue with the pacificas? Between the recalls and sliding door issues, I’m over it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts