2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been lurking a long time, thanks everyone for the great (and no so encouraging) information!

Town and Country was due, and made a decision to lease again rather than buy on a 2018 Touring L Plus, molten silver (love this color) with alloy interior (LOVE the light colored seats). Bit off more than i thought we could chew as fas as options, so i am still a bit freaked. But this is so nice, I am considering that buying after the lease could be a real thing. Picking up (tomorrow?) later this afternoon. Will try to get a couple photos here. End of month / last day / couple hours before close, the added incentives and deal making that magically appeared were too much to pass up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Nice van. Welcome to the forum it can be helpful. The online owner's manuals are more extensive than what was provided with my van. Just search for the thread 2018 owner's manual and there should be a link for it.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! Great color choice! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the light interior and the dual big moonroof.... really makes for a completely different environment than our dark / black leather Town and Country.

·
Super Moderator
643 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nosnarb, the dealer magically found a bunch of last day returning customer incentives. The MSRP was about 45k. It was about 3k down and 438/mo. that is 16,500 miles a year. The cap cost price was 37 something. This is a 2018. Sort of comical how much lease cash was thrown into the deal. I wanted a 400 or lower payment, and didn't need the moonroof. But now that we have it, it is amazing how light and airy it makes the cabin inside when the sun is not overwhelming. The Advanced SafetyTac package i have not fully explored yet, but the surround view camera is so handy! to help you see if you are centered in a parking stall etc. Have not tried adaptive cruise or self park or anything yet.

Our other car has autostop but you can't disable it. I LOVE that Chrysler allows you to turn off Autostop. That is so nice to give people the choice. I love the shift knob, and the e brake. The touchscreen is so nice compared to our Malibu. It is high res and looks great. Wish the heated seats and wheel had separate buttons.

Glad we stretched a bit and got a few more goodies. If this holds up well maybe we buy it after the lease term is up.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nosnarb, the dealer magically found a bunch of last day returning customer incentives. The MSRP was about 45k. It was about 3k down and 438/mo. that is 16,500 miles a year. The cap cost price was 37 something. This is a 2018. Sort of comical how much lease cash was thrown into the deal. I wanted a 400 or lower payment, and didn't need the moonroof. But now that we have it, it is amazing how light and airy it makes the cabin inside when the sun is not overwhelming. The Advanced SafetyTac package i have not fully explored yet, but the surround view camera is so handy! to help you see if you are centered in a parking stall etc. Have not tried adaptive cruise or self park or anything yet.

Our other car has autostop but you can't disable it. I LOVE that Chrysler allows you to turn off Autostop. That is so nice to give people the choice. I love the shift knob, and the e brake. The touchscreen is so nice compared to our Malibu. It is high res and looks great. Wish the heated seats and wheel had separate buttons.

Glad we stretched a bit and got a few more goodies. If this holds up well maybe we buy it after the lease term is up.
Molten Silver looks good! ACC is awesome. ESS, I wish there is a away to disable it as default. Self park I tried it the other day for the first time but chickened out in the middle of it.

May I ask how many months your lease term is? Also does that monthly payment include tax?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, tax is in it. 39 month.
Passed over 2,000 miles recently. All good and love it! Except today my wife informed be the van stalled while in auto stop mode. Would not restart until put in park and restarting via the button. Fortunately not a stall while in motion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
6 months in. 10,000 miles. Love this van! Knock on wood, no major issues to date.

Had a couple stretches on recent trip, one close to 250 miles where it got 29.5 mpg and the return leg over 300 miles was 29.0 mpg. With a family of four and junk on board. And in a lot of 90-100 degree heat. The powertrain is great for this kind of vehicle and cruising at 80 is no sweat for this thing. It's been averaging 24-25 in typical suburban driving otherwise lately.

The most irritating thing so far is I haven't been able to get the video remotes to pair up. I haven't done enough thread research here to see what that's about. You almost break the remote getting the batteries out of them anyways. Stupidly designed!

LOVE the big moonroof. Didn't need it, but it came with the color choice we wanted in stock, and it's a joy to have, especially for the kids to see the stars at night.

I would probably like it if the console was done a little bit differently. More of a full console; but that's just preference. Overall I think there could be more storage laid out better in the front row.

Our Town and Country was a very good vehicle but the Pacifica is even much better. Really love this thing, debating getting a second cheaper one leased for the second car instead of the sedan. Could very well turn out to be the best vehicle we've ever had.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ruturn leg of about 200 miles or so of interstate driving today following a fresh synthetic change... 30.0 mpg indicated. Still liking the mpg on this thing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
coming close to 1 year soon. at about 16k.
no issues. not one, it's been completely reliable. just had recall done today for the manual park release tab.
the new thing that did crop up is the van not recognizing phones for carplay, which has never ever been an issue before. Carplay has always been flawless so far (which I cannot say about my 2016 Chevy Malibu). Dude at the dealer said to try unpairing phones and repairing after you have done an iOS update. That or get a new cable, we will see if that works.
Van gets 22-24 mpg mixed driving normally, with the cold weather and crappy winter blend ethanol state gas its been around 20-21 lately.
It's been the most satisfying family vehicle we have had. Will get an oil change soon and see how she does on winter again this year.
Would love to get snows for it, but, $$$$$
Love the pentastar V6. Really a waste that there are no new Chryslers in the pipeline to use this engine. Love the huge moonroof, really brightens up the cabin. The rotary shifter is compact and functional, but if this were my daily driver, something with a more typical console and a more typical but smaller size shifter would be what i would go for.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
coming close to 1 year soon. at about 16k.
no issues. not one, it's been completely reliable. just had recall done today for the manual park release tab.
the new thing that did crop up is the van not recognizing phones for carplay, which has never ever been an issue before. Carplay has always been flawless so far (which I cannot say about my 2016 Chevy Malibu). Dude at the dealer said to try unpairing phones and repairing after you have done an iOS update. That or get a new cable, we will see if that works.
Van gets 22-24 mpg mixed driving normally, with the cold weather and crappy winter blend ethanol state gas its been around 20-21 lately.
It's been the most satisfying family vehicle we have had. Will get an oil change soon and see how she does on winter again this year.
Would love to get snows for it, but, $$$$$
Love the pentastar V6. Really a waste that there are no new Chryslers in the pipeline to use this engine. Love the huge moonroof, really brightens up the cabin. The rotary shifter is compact and functional, but if this were my daily driver, something with a more typical console and a more typical but smaller size shifter would be what i would go for.

I just hit my 1 year mark last week. I’m at 10k miles, and car has been flawless so far. I agree that this has been one of the most satisfying cars I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
Bond007
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing