2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their coolant reservoir? Bought mine less than 3 months ago as a CPO and we over the 3k miles and apparently the "certified wrap" warranty we purchased doesn't cover this. Dealership said it needed replacing but wants 200 for it. Shows to be about a 30 dollar part. Pretty crappy that not even 3 months in and the warranty doesn't cover it or that it wasn't caught during the inspection for the CPO. Not a good start for a first time Pacifica buyer.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Stuff happens. Your trade off was the long power train warranty. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Has anyone replaced their coolant reservoir? Bought mine less than 3 months ago as a CPO and we over the 3k miles and apparently the "certified wrap" warranty we purchased doesn't cover this. Dealership said it needed replacing but wants 200 for it. Shows to be about a 30 dollar part. Pretty crappy that not even 3 months in and the warranty doesn't cover it or that it wasn't caught during the inspection for the CPO. Not a good start for a first time Pacifica buyer.
The chance of uncovering an about-to-fail coolant reservoir during a CPO inspection - assuming they actually followed all the steps of a CPO inspection and didn't just play the odds - is somewhere between slim and none.

That being said, I wouldn't think a coolant reservoir would be covered by a CPO warranty anyway. Is there nothing remaining to the 3/36 new vehicle warranty?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts