2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Gimmick

Mostly gimmick. I do like the height restriction on Tailgate, in speaker headphone communication and Carplay and the biggest 4G!!

I agree, the sideline is still a little akward looking.

Led headlights and fog lights

Uses 9 speed and 10 speed (Honda built) transmission

Active noice cancelling. Driving conversation between 1st row and 3rd row occupants.

Has an interior camera to see the 2nd and 3rd row occupants with zoom for use both day and night (night vision)

Speak through Bluetooth headsets (driver to all passengers or specific passengers)

New rear suspension and increased horsepower with 10 speed tranny to claim they will be the quietest, best handling, most efficient minivan.

Sliding seats in and out and front to back in 2nd row. (seat belts for 2nd row seats are incorporated into the seat itself and not on the pillar. sliding left to right has tracks on the floor. sliding front to back there are no tracks... the sliding is incorporated into the seat itself. no mention if the seats are removable in the 2nd row)

New multi angle backup camera

And hands free tailgate entry

CarPlay and android play

And HondaSense on ex trims and above included automatically (which is apparently 95% of where their sales happen).

4G LTE connectivity.

Programmable height tailgate

Lighter weight ... I think 96 lbs or something

Spring availability

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yea, the camera in the ceiling is lame, and so is the app to control the rear A/C! No 360 degree camera, no self parking, no hands free doors. They also took out the rear A/C compressor. And the whacky creases on the side are just terrible. Like a 8 year old drew them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
that's awesome to hear! i have four kids and had the same issues. Did you have the second row headrests folded down? Do they fold down? I do not recall.
The second row headrests don't fold down. The kid in the rear passenger side looks to the screen on the back of the driver seat; the kid on the rear driver side looks to the screen on the back of the front passenger seat. Kid in the middle gets to watch whichever he/she wants.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey at least you don't have to worry if the Odyssey is ever in a side impact accident you will never be able to tell because the sides look crumpled right from the factory! :grin2:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Ha!

·
Registered
562 Posts
The Odyssey should have the edge in reliability. Honda's reliability has slipped a bit lately from what it once was, but it's still better than Chrysler's typically is.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The 2018 Honda Odyssey is still missing one very important comfort feature ------ an 8 way power, front passenger seat in its upper level trims! In fact, I don't believe the front passenger seat in any Honda is available with 8 way power. Front passenger comfort is critical! This is one of the #1 reasons I am driving a Pacifica now instead of a Honda Odyssey. Now, hopefully Chrysler steps it up with more cushy 2nd row seats! If the Pacifica design team can make this change happen on future models, it will be the best looking and most comfortable minivan available on the market! I say make the stow-n-go optional so they seats can be more comfortable like they are supposedly in the Pacifica Hybrid! Comfort and safety are so important in these family haulers!

·
Registered
164 Posts
The 2018 Honda Odyssey is still missing one very important comfort feature ------ a 8 way, power, front passenger seat in its upper level trims! In fact, I don't believe the front passenger seat in any Honda is available with 8 way power. Front passenger comfort is critical! This is one of the #1 reason I am driving a Pacifica now instead of a Honda Odyssey. Now, hopefully Chrysler steps it up with more cushy 2nd row seats! If the Pacifica design team can make this change happen on future models, it will be the best looking and most comfortable minivan available on the market! I say make the stow-n-go optional so they seats can be more comfortable like the are supposedly in the Pacifica Hybrid! Comfort and safety are so important in these family haulers!
Yes! If you remember the old town and country, it had the option for 2nd row captains chairs. You lost the stow n go but kept the storage bin. It was not very popular but at least it was there.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The Odyssey should have the edge in reliability. Honda's reliability has slipped a bit lately from what it once was, but it's still better than Chrysler's typically is.
Some would say otherwise. It all depends on who you talk to sometimes. My cousin swears she will never buy another Honda Odyssey again and rather would take a Toyota over a Honda.

Overall people say Toyota above Honda and Honda over most others but still in my opinion it all depends if you get that lemon or a car that has some problems, it will change your mind quick on whichever car maker you buy. I am sure there are surveys but still in that depends on who they talk to as well up to a point as a sample.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well in MY OPINION I thought the 2017 Pacifica was the best choice for me over the latest and up and coming Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey, and Kia Sedona. Nissan Quest wasn't even in the picture due to how ugly it is.. LOL
I was originally thinking of a toss up between Sienna and the Odyssey but Pacifica won me over past 5 months ago when I started my little research and reviews.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts