2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First time poster here. Looking into purchasing a 2018 used Hybrid Limited.

Due to forum rules, I cannot post links in my first post. So please see next post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To illustrate my question, consider the Window Stickers for two random VINs I pulled from the Internet:

The first for VIN 2C4RC1N76JR229428

and

The second for VIN 2C4RC1N78JR124728

[I am not able to post the direct links to their window stickers because the Forum Rules say that I don't have enough posts. But there is a link on the chrysler.com website which allows any VIN to be plugged in and generates the PDF window sticker.]

Both show the Advanced SafetyTec Group as being included in the Customer Preferred Package 2EC.

However, the first shows this to cost $995 additional and the second has no charge for it. So does the second really have the Advanced SafetyTec Group, or is the window sticker erroneous?

Was there some change mid-year in 2018, whereby the $995 charge was waived? (The 2020 Ordering Guide seems to show that this $995 charge for the Advanced SafetyTec Group is still around, but I am not sure I am reading things right.)

If I buy a 2018 Hybrid Limited with the Customer Preferred Package 2EC, am I for sure going to get the Advanced SafetyTec Group?

Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
560 Posts
There was a pricing change at the beginning of 2018 where the Advanced Safety Tech became optional at an extra cost. 2018 Limited Hybrids built before that time included that package at no charge.

I am not sure what the Customer Preferred Package includes, but if the Advanced Safety Tech package is not on the window sticker then it definitely won't be there.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Also when pricing a used hybrid Pacifica figure your depreciation not on the sticker price but on that figure less the $7500 federal tax credit that most buyers received (or that you could receive yourself if you purchased a new hybrid and are able to wait until income tax filing time to receive your credit).

·
Registered
237 Posts
I was looking at used 2018 Limited Hybrids and the cheapest ones were manufacturer buybacks. The average priced ones were not that much cheaper than new minus $7500 tax credit. No point in buying used unless you can't take advantage of the tax credit. There's not much selection so you may have to have it shipped to you.

I think "customer preferred package" doesn't really mean much. It just mean the base of that trim and options will be listed as options.

·
Registered
472 Posts
To illustrate my question, consider the Window Stickers for two random VINs I pulled from the Internet:

The first for VIN 2C4RC1N76JR229428

and

The second for VIN 2C4RC1N78JR124728
Just to add, the first is a newer 2018 while the second is an older 2018. This is based off the last 6 digits of the vin which is the factory sequence number.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, thanks everyone. I understand now.

I was hoping the 2020 Hybrid Limited would finally offer HIDs but they do not. Hence no point buying new, so looking for used 2018s to save some dough...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Buying used have to factor in a few things as mentioned. The mileage, who owned it , govt tax rebate and wear and tear . Just because of the specifics of the vehicle, hybrid , it narrows a lot of the general population down to I’d say 1 percent . I personally wouldn’t touch a buyback , good luck on your decision . Up here in Toronto dealers don’t really stock them so finding one is rare, most are dealer factory orders. I’m also assuming Fca doesn’t want them sitting around as they lose money on them .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Depending on where you are located there are still new 2018's available on dealer lots ... Unicorns. If you can benefit from the tax credits that's the route I would take. Around here the used one's cost the same as the new ones, sans the tax credit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Paxford
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing