2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

201 - 220 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am driving one with a sun roof, fortunately it is a loner. Personally I would never opt for the sun roof. Drove around with the glass open and with the glass closed. It was a novelty for a while but that quickly wore off as the sun just beats down on you constantly and is very uncomfortable. If you want a convertible buy one, but a sun roof sure ain't it. I don't think you'll miss the sun roof and have $1600 in your pocket to boot.
Or if you want to have a sunroof and love it, you can move to the Pacific Northwest where we're guaranteed to not see the sun for 8-9 months every year. Sunroofs are great here in the fall/winter/spring: they really help to combat the feeling that your cooped up in a cave.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Or if you want to have a sunroof and love it, you can move to the Pacific Northwest where we're guaranteed to not see the sun for 8-9 months every year. Sunroofs are great here in the fall/winter/spring: they really help to combat the feeling that your cooped up in a cave.

De gustibus non est disputandum.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Does anyone who placed an order for a 2018 Hybrid Limited and went with the optional 18 inch wheels know if the tires will be Michelins as were on the 2017'S.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone who placed an order for a 2018 Hybrid Limited and went with the optional 18 inch wheels know if the tires will be Michelins as were on the 2017'S.
they are not Michelins anymore, they are Yokohama. Not sure how good they are compared to Michelins or overall in quality.

·
Registered
169 Posts
they are not Michelins anymore, they are Yokohama. Not sure how good they are compared to Michelins or overall in quality.
Yokohama's high-end tires are very good. The question is which model tire is it? Just like most tire companies, they have bottom-end tires that are less desirable, but in general Yokohamas are high-quality tires.

·
Registered
72 Posts
placed my order for a 2018 hybrid yesterday...actually put my name on one which the dealer had already pre ordered and already has a vin#.....its billet silver with black seats , sunroof, 18" wheels.

Now we are debating if its the right exterior colour for us and are deciding if we should place a new order from scratch for granite crystal

hate making these decisions....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Man. wanted the 18's just for that reason. When we ordered yesterday the 18s were not an option on the Limited but required instead. He tried at first to select the 17s and it wouldn't work. I had Yokohamas on my evo x and they weren't great but hopefully their all seasons are better.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yokohama's high-end tires are very good. The question is which model tire is it? Just like most tire companies, they have bottom-end tires that are less desirable, but in general Yokohamas are high-quality tires.
I agree, Yokohama makes some very good tires as well. If anyone can find out which model Yokohama is on the 2018 Hybrid Limited please post it. Let's hope Chrysler didn't go cheap on the tires. The Michelins on the 2017's were top of the line. I have always had good luck with Michelin tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dealer called me up and said he's getting a few limiteds hybirds in this coming week and next. Told him to call me when they do.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
I agree, Yokohama makes some very good tires as well. If anyone can find out which model Yokohama is on the 2018 Hybrid Limited please post it. Let's hope Chrysler didn't go cheap on the tires. The Michelins on the 2017's were top of the line. I have always had good luck with Michelin tires.
I'm not sure how anyone would know what tires are going on the 2018s yet, as I don't believe any build sheets have been located. I'm still anxiously awaiting mine ;)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Dealer called me up and said he's getting a few limiteds hybirds in this coming week and next. Told him to call me when they do.
While we had people in the Facebook group that had shipping dates the past few days no one has build sheets so don't hold your breath. As far as we know no one with a sold order has been built.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ended up deleting the sun roof so price will be 46.6k as long as my discount sticks. I wanted it but wife didn't and after I started reading about the squeaks and thinking about safety on it decided it wouldn't be a great idea. Is anyone opting for the lifetime warranty? I've been debating it and I saw where they won't cover "hybrid" parts but was wondering what the includes. I could understand the battery but not say the electric motors.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ended up deleting the sun roof so price will be 46.6k out the door as long as my discount sticks. I wanted it but wife didn't and after I started reading about the squeaks and thinking about safety on it decided it wouldn't be a great idea. Is anyone opting for the lifetime warranty? I've been debating it and I saw where they won't cover "hybrid" parts but was wondering what the includes. I could understand the battery but not say the electric motors.
"Out-the-door" means every cent that comes out of your pocket to acquire that vehicle. Are you saying that $46.6k is your final price, after taxes, tags, processing, fees, etc.?

·
Registered
150 Posts
"Out-the-door" means every cent that comes out of your pocket to acquire that vehicle. Are you saying that $46.6k is your final price, after taxes, tags, processing, fees, etc.?
In my state taxes are only accessed at the DMV and then you can get tags for the 25-30$. I was talking more anything the dealer would tack on. I specifically asked what would be my total with any of their fees and things tacked on. So I should probably change my wording just a bit. He said that they'd waive their doc fee/processing fee but Chrysler can change the price on the sheet up to delivery. He then stated that hes ordered 40 cars from them this year similar to what I've done and he has only had them increase the price of one option by $10 before they took delivery of it. So hopefully this all holds together nicely. I will truly only see when I take delivery so I'll update then.

·
Registered
305 Posts
In my state taxes are only accessed at the DMV and then you can get tags for the 25-30$. I was talking more anything the dealer would tack on. I specifically asked what would be my total with any of their fees and things tacked on. He said that they'd waive their doc fee/processing fee but Chrysler can change the price on the sheet up to delivery. He then stated that hes ordered 40 cars from them this year similar to what I've done and he has only had them increase the price of one option by $10 before they took delivery of it. So hopefully this all holds together nicely. I will truly only see when I take delivery so I'll update then.
Wow, so no sales tax?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wow, so no sales tax?
You pay it at the DMV. They give you 30 days to pay it and you can sell your old car within 45 days for a credit to what you owe. Though if you go past the 30 days its a hassle getting the credit by what I've been told. But no the dealer doesn't do the sales taxes. You can finance the sales tax through the dealer but I've never done that and don't know how that works. I always paid at the DMV. After you pay and you show you have insurance they will then let you get a license plate. If you sold your old car you can bring it in and they will transfer that plate to the new one.
Edit:
Btw I've heard other states are like what your talking about. The only other state that I know that doesn't do taxes immediately is Missouri or at least when I bought a car from them they didn't make me pay anything. Took it back to Arkansas and registered it there with all the paper work. What was really funny is the finance company sent me the actual Title to the car. It took them almost 2 months to realize the mistake and they sent me a letter with a prepaid envelope asking for it back.

201 - 220 of 236 Posts
About this Discussion
235 Replies
61 Participants
rangsudh
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing