2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

2018 PacHy Service Manual

8K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  panoguy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,
What's everyone doing to get the service manual on the PacHy? I always like having the mechanics manual for troubleshooting and deciding to repair myself or have knowledge while talking to a shop. Is there any way to get this manual as a PDF?

I've seen these:

Thanks,
Phil

#2 ·
This guy gives a few options:
I have prodemand at work, but they have a DIY access for $20 for 1 month. Alldata is their direct competitor, sure it similar type of info.

The real PITA is FCA (and many manufactures) are making it harder to access the CAN data to do a proper diagnostic. On my 2018 I am able to bypass the gateway, but I'm sure in future versions they will lock that out as well.

#3 ·
That is one awesome video Yomanwill, thank you. Definitely saved. I miss the old days when I would negotiate for the hardcopy service manual before I bought the vehicle. I've gotten a few salespeople in trouble because they didn't know the price of those books <:

#4 ·
Same here. Everything is a "subscription" now. One last place to check is your local library, they might have a sub to all data or prodemand, unlikely but possible.

Also, yes I'm a huge fan of south main auto's youtube. His diagnostic process is impeccable.

#5 ·
I use the AllData DIY manual online one and they then offered an extra 4 years to me. .I think its 39.99 for 5 years access, plus, unlike the Mopar CD, theirs is updated if necessary.

#6 ·
I just tried looking up my 2018 Pacifica on AllDatadiy, and could not find it listed. The Chrysler models listed for 2018 only showed the 300's. What am I missing? How did you get the Pacifica's information?

#8 ·
I'll ask this with the understanding that I'm a new guy here so I garner no trust for those of you who now know each other here, digitally at least, but has anyone heard of a 'group' of forum members splitting membership access to one of these services for the manual?
Thanks,
Phil

#11 · (Edited)
No worries about being new. I'm relatively new, as well.

That sounds like a good idea, except I'm pretty sure any company that sells online subscription accounts would log IP addresses and flag any account that has either multiple, concurrent logins, or they are coming from very disparate IP locations. So, it might not work for very long. I think the big corporate accounts (think Midas or similar) pay so much that they ignore things like that. Small shops, not so much.

Just a hunch, but I do some web front-end development and cybersecurity, so it makes logical sense to me.

I'd really only go for it if there was something that wasn't in the DIY versions, but was in the pro versions, and yet still something a shade-tree mechanic could do. Since my van is a hybrid, there's parts inside that can easily kill me, so... I'll probably only need the DIY versions anyhow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.