2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2018 Pacifica., The dealer agreed to add remote start as part of my purchase. They added remote start and it is causing trouble with the locks on my car and also with the sensor that says when the key has left the vehicle. It's like it always registers that the key is still in the vehicle . They said these issues cannot be fixed and that they would have to install an aftermarket remote start and that I would have to carry two key fobs. I told them I am not interested in carrying to fobs. Anyone had this happen to them? Does adding a remote start negate the warranty on the starter if it is installed by the dealership and part of the original sale?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I don't have an answer to your question, but welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Chrysler said as long as it's a Chrysler part it's covered. I still have an issue though because for whatever reason the Chrysler remote start does not function properly. So right now they are saying keep the one that does not function properly or they can take it out and install aftermarket (which is not covered under warranty and I will have to carry two fobs). I am not happy with either choice 😕

·
Registered
48 Posts
I purchased a 2018 Pacifica., The dealer agreed to add remote start as part of my purchase. They added remote start and it is causing trouble with the locks on my car and also with the sensor that says when the key has left the vehicle. It's like it always registers that the key is still in the vehicle . They said these issues cannot be fixed and that they would have to install an aftermarket remote start and that I would have to carry two key fobs. I told them I am not interested in carrying to fobs. Anyone had this happen to them? Does adding a remote start negate the warranty on the starter if it is installed by the dealership and part of the original sale?
Have you taken this problem to another dealership? You shouldn't have to but I would.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. You mean to ask them if they are familiar with the problem/have a solution? The sales mgr or gen manager is supposed to call me. This is what I was told Tuesday by my sales rep. I'm still waiting for the call...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts