2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Hybrid Fans! :nerd:

I'm considering a Pacifica Hybrid to use as a camper van. If I decide to go that route, I'll provide more personal info, as I know others (maybe not people who are members or have this vehicle yet) are considering the same, with the same basic thoughts as to why people use the prius to camp in. Anyway, something so simple as basic floor dimensions seems about the most difficult information to obtain. Another person asked in 2017 and didn't get a response to the question. I'm hoping someone with a hybrid has or can measure the floor behind drivers seat to let me know maximum floor area I can work with if I remove the passenger seats that don't fold down. I'm thinking maybe a westy setup and it SEEMS there's room for something like that, but without having actual dimensions, I can't really try to plan it out and see if I can work within the space. Anyone have simple Length X Width Behind the 2 front seats on the Hybrid?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,124 Posts
Hi Hybrid Fans! :nerd:

I'm considering a Pacifica Hybrid to use as a camper van. If I decide to go that route, I'll provide more personal info, as I know others (maybe not people who are members or have this vehicle yet) are considering the same, with the same basic thoughts as to why people use the prius to camp in. Anyway, something so simple as basic floor dimensions seems about the most difficult information to obtain. Another person asked in 2017 and didn't get a response to the question. I'm hoping someone with a hybrid has or can measure the floor behind drivers seat to let me know maximum floor area I can work with if I remove the passenger seats that don't fold down. I'm thinking maybe a westy setup and it SEEMS there's room for something like that, but without having actual dimensions, I can't really try to plan it out and see if I can work within the space. Anyone have simple Length X Width Behind the 2 front seats on the Hybrid?
Thanks in advance!
I don't know the exact dimensions, but you should be able to put a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood in the cargo area with the back seats down/removed. You could go to a dealer and measure a hybrid if needed. Most people don't have time to measure the exact dimensions of their vans, but maybe someone has done it. There is at least one thread about a Pacifica conversion in the forum threads. Check post #5.

http://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...amper-conversion.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Verified?

I don't know the exact dimensions, but you should be able to put a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood in the cargo area with the back seats down/removed. You could go to a dealer and measure a hybrid if needed. Most people don't have time to measure the exact dimensions of their vans, but maybe someone has done it. There is at least one thread about a Pacifica conversion in the forum threads. Check post #5.
Yes, I did see this, but was wondering if anyone has actually confirmed this. 4' x 8' is sufficient, provided that it's indeed the minimum available and not a rounding up that Chrysler did. The length and width will actually vary depending on the spot of measurement, but if I can count on the 4 x 8, it's at least enough to make a solid plan on, especially with 24" being a standard size in both seating and cabinetry.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,124 Posts
Yes, I did see this, but was wondering if anyone has actually confirmed this. 4' x 8' is sufficient, provided that it's indeed the minimum available and not a rounding up that Chrysler did. The length and width will actually vary depending on the spot of measurement, but if I can count on the 4 x 8, it's at least enough to make a solid plan on, especially with 24" being a standard size in both seating and cabinetry.
Check this thread.
http://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...8-sheets-plywood.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
4x8 sheets uncut fit nicely with a few extra inches (width) to play with at the sliding doors.

Reactions: SciTchr

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
This drawing is of the Mopar cargo liner that goes from behind the front row to the rear of the cargo area with the 2nd row seats removed and the 3rd row stowed. It pretty much covers all the carpeted area in-between. The wider part in front is ~58" wide and the rear section is ~48" wide. The total length is ~98" and the front tabs themselves are ~3". The drawing is actually pretty much to scale with the seam across the middle forming a 48" square in the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
If you want reliable information I'd recommend visiting a dealer yourself with a notepad and tape measure.

It wouldn't matter which model you measure. The gas and hybrid are the same dimensionally on the interior with exception of how the middle row doesn't stow'n'go like the gasser. The hybrid will have different seat anchors, but they are under the floor's surface or at floor surface anyways.

·
Registered
124 Posts
We just picked up a Limited that we are using for the weekend as a trial. I measured from the back of the front seat to the rear opening and it is exactly 96".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts