2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ongoing issue with my 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited wherein a CHECK ENGINE LIGHT on this brand new van lit up. I was told it had something to do with the existing recall on the hybrid system cooling system. It took a week to get done since the parts were backordered. Got the car back and when it was plugged into my wall L2 charger, the Pacifica Dash says CHECK CHARGER SYSTEM, indicating something is wrong with my charging unit.

But it cycles after charging 1/2 a percentage, reports the error message, then shuts down the charging. Then it wakes up and starts charging itself again... until 1/2% of charge have been gained... then repeats the CHECK CHARGER SYSTEM message for a few seconds before shutting down. Wait 5-10 seconds and the cycle restarts.

Brought the van back to the dealer Service department. After 2 days, they say it is my L2 Charger. I've argued that nothing has changed on my end and it has something to do with what they did (or forgot to do) to implement the recall. We are at an impasse now. I've asked them to bring a different hybrid to my house (near their office) to test out my L2 charger.

It leaves me thinking 2 things could have happened:
1. The recall on the hybrid cooling system didn't work or made things worse, or
2. The recall they did blew up my Charging System.

Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your dealer should have a L2 Mopar charger. What not arrive with a depleted battery and see if the problem can be repeated using their EVSE?if the same problem happens at the dealership, obviously there’s something wrong with the van and you can eliminate your L2 charger

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have an ongoing issue with my 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited wherein a CHECK ENGINE LIGHT on this brand new van lit up. I was told it had something to do with the existing recall on the hybrid system cooling system. It took a week to get done since the parts were backordered. Got the car back and when it was plugged into my wall L2 charger, the Pacifica Dash says CHECK CHARGER SYSTEM, indicating something is wrong with my charging unit.

But it cycles after charging 1/2 a percentage, reports the error message, then shuts down the charging. Then it wakes up and starts charging itself again... until 1/2% of charge have been gained... then repeats the CHECK CHARGER SYSTEM message for a few seconds before shutting down. Wait 5-10 seconds and the cycle restarts.

Brought the van back to the dealer Service department. After 2 days, they say it is my L2 Charger. I've argued that nothing has changed on my end and it has something to do with what they did (or forgot to do) to implement the recall. We are at an impasse now. I've asked them to bring a different hybrid to my house (near their office) to test out my L2 charger.

It leaves me thinking 2 things could have happened:

1. The recall on the hybrid cooling system didn't work or made things worse, or

2. The recall they did blew up my Charging System.

Has anyone experienced this?

Hi, Fidel:

I have not experienced your exact problem but have encountered multiple charging system errors, including partial charges. The van has been at the dealer for a couple weeks now with no significant updates. FCA reached out yesterday asking questions about where I charge, but I have confirmed my issue happens on all L2 chargers, including the dealers. Have you had any updates on your van?

Jeremy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Resolution

The dealer claimed that the problem was definitely my Wall Charger. They concluded this because they claimed to have charged my Pacifica with their similar Mopar 32A wall charger and there has been no problems. I countered with my own claim that they must have missed a step in implementing the Recall on the Hybrid System.

After a bit of back and forth, they took my challenge to test my Wall Charger with a different 2018 Pacifica with the recall implemented.
They kept the car for 2 more days to do whatever. I assume they redid the recall implementation.

They tested the "Control" Pacifica with my wall charger with no problems.
The same happened when they charged my Pacifica with my Wall charger. Just as the Control Pacifica did.
No more "Service Charger System" error message across my dash.

The Service manager and their Mechanic quickly acknowledged that they must have changed something (or ???) between when I reported the "Service Charger System" error and when they brought the 2 Pacificas to my house.

All is well now and had the unique experience of having my Pacifica delivered to my house after service. And another email from the Manager thanking me for my patience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
blackmart12
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing