2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm somewhat new here and have been looking through a lot of discussions, but no one seems to be clear of where to get the bags and their setups. I have looked at VanKulture's kit around 2300? I was just wondering what everyone else has done to lower their van. I was just going to do lowering springs, but I imagine bagging it would have a meaner look and also more functionality. Thoughts are more than welcome, and if you can provide pics and links to where you got yours! Also did you self install or get a shop? Costs? And looking at getting rims, but not sure what size everyone went with. Thanks for all the input guys!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Since you asked for thoughts: Personally, lowering a minivan is about the last thing I would do. You just scrape into more things, give it a worse ride, and I think it looks silly. Same with low profile tires. It makes me think of an 80-year old trying to look like they're 25... ;) Whatever floats your boat, though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Couple things. First, by lowering it, unless it's a good kit, you're going to decrease suspension travel. By decreasing suspension travel, the ride is going to be worse, and handling may not be any better either. Second: Who wants to worry about clearances while driving a minivan? I did the 'approach angle' thing with a lowered vehicle before...and i sure as heck wouldn't do it driving the fam van. But hey, this is your money, spend it how you like.

·
Registered
2019 Pacifica Touring L
80 Posts
Hey all, I'm somewhat new here and have been looking through a lot of discussions, but no one seems to be clear of where to get the bags and their setups. I have looked at VanKulture's kit around 2300? I was just wondering what everyone else has done to lower their van. I was just going to do lowering springs, but I imagine bagging it would have a meaner look and also more functionality. Thoughts are more than welcome, and if you can provide pics and links to where you got yours! Also did you self install or get a shop? Costs? And looking at getting rims, but not sure what size everyone went with. Thanks for all the input guys!
Well, yes...I have some thoughts about lowering a minivan. It is a bad idea from a technical standpoint. A minivan only has about 2.5" of jounce travel before you get into the bumpstops. This means lowering the van even 1" will cut suspension travel about in half, degrading handling and ride quality. The van is 6' high, so it would try to roll over under high G's, if you put seriously stiff suspension and grippy performance tires on it. It makes absolutely no sense to lower a van from a vanity standpoint because people will just laugh at you. It is also not cool when the performance of the van is degraded from such mods. You bought the wrong type of vehicle to slam. It is like trying to slam a 4WD 3/4 ton truck...won't work, bad idea. A touring car (station wagon) is far better-suited for that sort of modification. You really need to drive one of those VanKulture slammers instead of just looking at one. They ride and handle like total garbage, worse than any factory vehicle ever sold in the last 50 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts