2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have been offered replacement for my vehicle. How does this work?
My husband & I are currently in the midst of having our 2018 replaced with an ordered 2019. Our 2018 had a creaking noise that the dealership determined was due to a poor weld so they recommended that FCA offer us a buyback or replacement. https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/193-2017-chrysler-pacifica-minivan-general-discussion/39476-creaking-popping-noise-rear-vehicle.html

FCA turns the matter over to a third party company to handle the process. The company is SteriCycle. I heard from SteriCycle by phone within 2 business days of our dealership telling us that FCA agreed to buyback/replace our vehicle.

As I understand it, one option is for you to be paid for your vehicle (buyback). The amount you are paid is reduced somewhat by the number of miles on the vehicle. It's a convoluted formula. Once all the math is done, you give them back the vehicle and they give you a check. Note that this option doesn't seem to be well publicized. It was only when I specifically asked about it that I was told that a buyback was an option.

The second option gives you a replacement vehicle. This is the option we chose (after much gnashing of teeth and test drives of other minivans and SUV's -- we decided that the Pacifica was still by far our favorite). We ordered a 2019 Pacifica with the exact same $ options as our 2018 (but we did order a different color, both exterior and interior). We will have to pay for the ~500 miles we drove the vehicle before the creaking problem was reported.

We began the process with SteriCycle on 8/21/2018. They said it would take about 30 days for them to complete their "paperwork", etc. In the meantime, we're driving ol' Creaky, which is just fine, if a bit noisy. The miles that we're putting on it now are basically free as far as the FCA replacement is concerned. The new van is not here yet -- it will likely be a few more weeks before it arrives.

I've been taking notes on the process and plan to write up a summary of everything, after all is said and done. In the meantime, you may PM me with any specific questions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just started the same process with getting a replacement, and I was wondering if I would be able to order a 2019?. I want to get as far away from my build date (2-24-18) as possible. I am currently waiting for Stericycle to contact me, just got approved by Chrysler for the replacement. Dealership has my Pacifica waiting on a back ordered transmission and currently driving a rental car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
@dawnurb
As I mentioned before, I plan to do a write up on how it all went but I've not gotten to it yet. In my defense, the process was not completed until yesterday, Oct 4 (whereas, this all started on Aug 16 when Chrysler said they'd replace it).

My husband & I never really considered having them "find" another 2018 for us. We just told the dealership from the beginning that we wanted a 2019 and they had us come on down and order it. We ordered it even before we were contacted by SteriCycle. When Stericycle made their first contact, via phone call, I told them we'd already ordered the replacement. They asked for the name of our contact at the dealership and I gave it to them. The SteriCycle person acted as if ordering a replacement was not out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hhhmmmmm... all you people having replacement vehicles..... makes me cringe 0.0

I bought the lifetime warranty with mine - i wonder if that would transfer over to the new one

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow! I'm glad they are making things right for you … our 2017 has been in the service department 7 times for a noise in the door - (with the last stint - it has been there since Wednesday last week …) I sure wish they'd offer us a replacement … I'll be crossing my fingers, because so far (since August 2017) they haven't been able to fix it.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Just started the same process with getting a replacement, and I was wondering if I would be able to order a 2019?. I want to get as far away from my build date (2-24-18) as possible. I am currently waiting for Stericycle to contact me, just got approved by Chrysler for the replacement. Dealership has my Pacifica waiting on a back ordered transmission and currently driving a rental car.
It's great that you're getting a replacement. If it's really only the transmission, that's an easy replacement, and they should have been able to do it in a short time frame. I'm guessing there's more going on with that vehicle than they've told you.

BTW, your build date was not the problem. Mine is about a month older, and there's been no serious problems yet. Most of us with 2018 gas models have not had anything but software issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts