2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After entering my VIN number at: Software Update for Uconnect® - Check For Updates,
I was told, “my vehicle is up to date”.

However, when I spoke to a Chrysler tech support person via phone, I was told I need to have to dealer perform an Over-the-Air update because my software version is 21.9 and it needs to be at 22.6.

The vehicle system information screen shows the application version: USA-IR-SBX-21.9.0-20180516
-109V
and the software version is 18.20.2.e

1. Has anyone else encountered this contradictory information?
  2. What is the latest over-the-air version available for a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited?
  3. If a software update is available, can I install it without going to the dealer? How can I obtain the newest version?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,189 Posts
After entering my VIN number at: Software Update for Uconnect® - Check For Updates,
I was told, “my vehicle is up to date”.

However, when I spoke to a Chrysler tech support person via phone, I was told I need to have to dealer perform an Over-the-Air update because my software version is 21.9 and it needs to be at 22.6.

The vehicle system information screen shows the application version: USA-IR-SBX-21.9.0-20180516
-109V
and the software version is 18.20.2.e

1. Has anyone else encountered this contradictory information?
  2. What is the latest over-the-air version available for a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited?
  3. If a software update is available, can I install it without going to the dealer? How can I obtain the newest version?
Yes, it's common for the website to indicate that everything is up to date when an update is available from a dealership. When the dealership performs the update, it won't be done over-the-air though. It will be done via USB. The driveuconnect.com website is the only place for an owner to download the update from to install themselves. Obviously, if the website says everything is up to date, you don't have a choice but to go to a dealership (or independent shop with wiTECH access).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it's common for the website to indicate that everything is up to date when an update is available from a dealership. When the dealership performs the update, it won't be done over-the-air though. It will be done via USB. The driveuconnect.com website is the only place for an owner to download the update from to install themselves. Obviously, if the website says everything is up to date, you don't have a choice but to go to a dealership (or independent shop with wiTECH access).
Thank you for the explanation. I will schedule the service appointment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry but that seems shady to force folks to the dealer when they could potentially update the system themselves.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Sorry but that seems shady to force folks to the dealer when they could potentially update the system themselves.
It may seem shady, and perhaps it is, but it may also be that some updates have the potential to brick the system if they don't go right and the dealer would have resources to address the situation in that case.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thought I'll add my experience so far. I wanted to update the maps with my current vehicle. It's currently has 2017 maps and it's a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid. I called FCA and they said there is 3 updates for the uconnect for my vehicle. I ended up taking it to the dealership since my factory warranty expires a little over a month. They ended up updating the BCM and such for the RRT-21-011 even though they shouldve done that in my last visit. Needless to say I have to go back because they didn't update the uconnect and I have had some issues that technically the updates should address. I plan on taking the vehicle in in 2 weeks so that gives me some time in case anything goes funky from the update. I never got an OTA since owning the vehicle either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts