2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
505 Posts
Got my van back home today. They replaced the clamp kit-heater core tubes and core heater.
It's a shame your heater core had to be replaced on an '18, obviously a defect not from wear. I'm thinking they had to pull the whole dash out to do that "Hopefully not" in case mine goes out.. On my '18 I'm losing about 1/4 inch of coolant from the bottle every 4k miles. No odors, leaks or mixing with oil issues just wondering if this is a little normal evaporation, no real emergency . I'm in Vegas Hot hot hot...

· Registered
4 Posts
Dealer found the leak and fixing it. thanks
Where was the leak? Nobody can find ours . Two dealerships.. nothing.. just fixing the result of the leak.. destroyed engine. This is really angering me because between my dad, brothers, and myself- we have 5 ,2018 is mine, the oldest.. and since we had a recall fixed on it… the next DAY- this all started happening.. leaving to a $ 5000… Bill , and still no idea why. We did not drive it over heated … we pulled over. Abs had to put half gallon of coolant in it every 3 days .. and there was bo leak found.. just went into engine I guess abs burned it up.. destroying everything.. something is Up..

· Registered
20 Posts
Hello,

I am after replacing the engine in my car. It will be a year since this operation in April. I also faced the problem of the coolant running out. I performed system leakage tests, which showed nothing. Everything indicated that the fluid was getting into the engine.

When replacing the engine, the workshop informed me that the coolant reservoir was leaking. Nothing happened on the cold engine, but as the system warmed up, the fluid started leaking. It was running down the car frame components in such a way that you couldn't see the stain under the car or the leak anywhere under the hood.

I got my cracked tank back. The mechanic pointed out where it was cracked.

Maybe someone will find this useful.

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts