2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica and the dash quickly flashes FCC (front collision control) Message that service is needed and then turns the engine off while I am still in drive and then says Stop/Start Restart Required. So I'm literally sitting in traffic or trying to turn in the middle of an intersection and my van will be dead. I will have to manually put the car in Park and the start the engine and put it back in Drive. This is while I am sitting in traffic or at an intersection. THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS!!! My vehicle is completely dead. We have a 15 year old that is just learning to drive. If this had happened to her, she would panic. This is a brand new van that I do not feel safe driving. Had it in the shop now twice. Unsure of what they are going to tell me this time. Last time they claimed there were some recalls, but it happened again. Has anyone else had this issue?????? This is not the auto stop/start where the engine shuts off at intersections and then restarts. Completely different.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm starting to feel like I dodged a bullet by reading all these messages before purchasing a Pacifica Plug-in. So for me it's back to the drawing board on what to purchase.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I simply feel that the Pachy is not ready for prime time. One of the reasons I went with the gasser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bleathers, Lipster... you guys have the PacHy, or the regular Pacifica?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts