2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

2018 PHEV -- Multiple error codes and system failure

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ThisSuckersElectrical 
#1 ·
A couple of weeks ago, my van (2018 Limited with about 60k miles) displayed pretty much every error message possible (see picture). I was in my my driveway and saw someone mention that plugging it in for a little bit could sometimes "jump start" it. I did this and it seemed to work (although there was a lingering check engine light). My limited research told me this could be an old/bad 12V battery. I went to Costco and replaced the battery and everything was fine for about 4 days. After that, the same issue happened. I could not get the gear shift to change out of Park and power steering was gone. I saw multiple messages such as collision system disabled, parking brake disabled, service hybrid electrical vehicle system, etc. After multiple tries (including opening the door and closing it) I was able to get it to drive but it was still displaying a lot of messages (even the reverse lights were stuck in the "on" position. I limped it to the dealer who charged me $300 to "look at it". After getting a rental car they call me the next day saying it was "fixed", since they cleared the codes. I no sooner got it home, and restarted it the next morning to find the same exact problem and limped it back to the dealer. They ran the codes (see attached) and said they would take a look. After a few days they called back to say they don't have the equipment to truly diagnose and fix the issue and recommend I bring it back to where I bought it from (about 40 minutes away).

I'm not completely sure the vehicle will make it that far, but does anyone have advice on what this could be? Unfortunately my warranty is out (except for the hybrid battery) and my local shop also doesn't seem to want to mess with it. The dealer told me there is a special box they need to hook up to the hybrid that their small location doesn't have which is why they recommended I bring it to the larger location I purchased from. My guess is one of the computers has died (PCM or BCM) with all of the errors I'm getting. Truly not sure what to do from here.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds eerily similar to a post I read awhile back: Total Electrical System Failure (Intermittent) - UPDATE...

Based on the codes something is wrong with the CAN-C bus. My diag approach, wiring diagram, scope the can-c bus verify bus issue, visual inspection of all connectors, but really look at the power steering IIRC FCA likes putting ones near the wheel well, then move to break the system down, starting at the PCM and working downstream.

#3 ·
Sounds eerily similar to a post I read awhile back: Total Electrical System Failure (Intermittent) - UPDATE...

Based on the codes something is wrong with the CAN-C bus. My diag approach, wiring diagram, scope the can-c bus verify bus issue, visual inspection of all connectors, but really look at the power steering IIRC FCA likes putting ones near the wheel well, then move to break the system down, starting at the PCM and working downstream.
Thank you for the reply! I'm somewhat decent with electronics but this van seems almost overwhelming and I've had no luck with the dealership so far. I'll keep poking around!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.