2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we just bought a used 2018 touring L 2 days ago, 16k miles, I was sitting in the living room at 6 am and heard the van running in the garage. This van just started itself and then shut off in about 2 minutes. DH was asleep and I was nowhere near a remote. This is really scary. The van has a remote start but key fobs were completely undisturbed. Any ideas? Right now in the middle of a snowstorm I want to hand the keys back to the dealership! Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
662 Posts
Is the remote start from the factory or aftermarket ?
A Touring L comes from the factory with remote start.

How do you know it was only running for two minutes? You said you heard it running, but didn't say you heard it start. Something told it to start. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A Touring L comes from the factory with remote start.

How do you know it was only running for two minutes? You said you heard it running, but didn't say you heard it start. Something told it to start. 🤷‍♂️
I heard it start, startled me so early in the morning

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I’ve heard stories about people with fobs being able to open other peoples cars . If the van auto started and the fob wasn’t present it would run until it would auto stop if nobody entered it ..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’ve heard stories about people with fobs being able to open other peoples cars . If the van auto started and the fob wasn’t present it would run until it would auto stop if nobody entered it ..
We considered that as our neighbor around 250 feet away has a Chrysler.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
662 Posts
I just got in touch with the salesman, he is checking to see if the car had a theft protection service on the vehicle
If it doesn't, don't let the salesman sell it to you. It's a waste of money. 🙂

Reactions: froglips and Day

·
Registered
2020 Pac Hybrid Limited, Tech Pkg
202 Posts
Guardian uconnect , onstar is gm
Yup. Folks can own other vehicles; even concurrently. ;)

After I traded in our first Energi, I was also able to "track" and control it with its app. Likewise, I watched my Volt for 2 more years in Houston while the OnStar was still free/active. The new owner only charged it twice....... This is a wide spread issue.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Funny thou you would think being a 18 whomever had it would have canceled the service to elongate any further usage/charges . Might be a lag in the system from their end for deactivation . Hope you get it fixed up .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts